h10-250 price for long time sub

Status
Please reply by conversation.

johnml

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 3, 2006
fort lauderdale
i just called directv on getting a h10-250. the lowest they would go was $499.00 + $20.00 delivery + $60.00 for a OTA antenna. i asked if this was the lowest price they could offer ( it was ) i told the CSR at customer retention that someone is selling info on how to get one for $199.00 or less and he told me that offer ended a long time ago and it just wasn't possible ? i asked why the H10-250 was so much with the expected release of the mpeg4, the only answer he could give was that the price would probally drop then. i even asked if my commitment was up ( it is ) and he wouldn't budge. maybe i just got a difficult CSR ? any ideas ? thanks -
i guess somebody up there doesn't love me ??? maybe I'll just call and try again ???johnml@bellsouth.net

i even told the CSR the ebay price was guaranteed. he doubted that. even if it wasnt the ebay seller would have negative feedback. still no budge ???

i just called again for sh**s and giggles. got a different CSR, this time she told me since i was a long time customer she could give me a $150.00 credit off the $499.00 h10-250 and a antenna for $49.00. totally different from when i called a half hour ago ??? i'd like to stay with dtv but getting the runaround is pissing me off. maybe i'll wait a couple of days and try again ??? or maybe i'll just bite the bullet and pay $15.00 bucks on ebay for the info on how to get it for under $200.00. this really sucks...

Or you could spend the $15 and then tell us how you got ripped off on Ebay. The lease price for the HR10-250 is $499 with a $100 rebate for new customers. If you don't like the price don't buy it. Personally I think anyone who pays $499 to only lease the HR10-250 is a few cards short of a full deck.

easy ! i just want the best deal i can get. figured the folks on this site have the most " wisdom " on this. thanks anyway -

Try playing a lil CSR craps. Roll the dice and see if you get a better CSR. If that doesnt work threatent to leave them. Give it a shot you dont have anything to lose.

dont pay 15 bucks for old info that wont work

wait for more credit or do the 150 off if you dont mind a lease.....go to newegg or weakness if you do want to own.

the other thing you could do, if you have TCP package now is ask for 20 bucks off for 6 months.

they use to have a 250 self install credit (last year) but i haven't heard of anyone getting it this year.

sorry you missed the boat. My hdtivo was less than 100 after credits last year (self install) and this year was 398 from newegg.

what they offerred me

they offerred me - the HD10-250, free TIVO subscription, $499, a new receiver for my other TV, and $25 per month off for 6 mo. Need to subscribe for 2 more years, and there is no guarantee that they will upgrade to MPEG 4 when it comes out but said they have always done that in the past. Also, as new HD stations come out in HD, they may be in the new format and therefore not viewable with the HD10. I have OTA HD.

rick

Hr10-250

Well, I just called to cancel and customer retention gave me this.
$299 for the lease. Three free months of HD package (current offer). $10/month programming credit for 1 year. Two year commitment.

This is to replace my SD Tivo on my one and only TV. And I don't subscribe to anything special, so maybe they just don't like you? :)

I was also told that an MPEG4 upgrade..the HR20?..would be free with the lease program. My reply was doubtful, but she was adament about that. Also, she said that if I wanted an OTA antenna I'd have to go buy it, but that the technician would install it. Rabit ears work fine where I am though.

I think I'd have a real hard time doing any better than that. She was the third retention person I've talked to in as many weeks.

Good luck

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts