XM really knows how to kill a good thing!

I am in agreement with you 100%. I find that all of the "special shows" are at hours I won't be listening, or often want to listen to a completely different genre. I might look into attempting to record the shows to MP3 or something, almost like a DVR or something; but that would only work if I can set it all up via timer.

OTOH, I am seriously considering cancelling today. Since it is an organized protest to send a message Siriusly Screwed , I wonder if it will have any effect?

Sirius XM released numbers that show that all the cancellations they received do not come close to competing with the resulting money saved through consolidation. In other words, they've saved many millions of dollars through consildations and firings. A few thousand subscribers leaving doesnt leave a drop in the bucket compartitively speakiing.

Some people hate the artist only channels. Some love them. They're damned if they do damned if they dont. Nobody is going to be happy no matter what.

I say times are tough. They need to do what they need in order to survive and tough decisions must be made.

Exactly.

This merger was about saving money and corporate survival, not expanding options to subs.

Now, I think I'll go let the whiskey do it's work. So much for that New Year's resolution.

Well, Sirius/XM managed to stifle permanently one popular site: siriusly screwed that was criticizing theme big time. the website is now gone.

It'l be interesting to see how much longer satellite radio will live, but their fanboyz will continue to support and rationalize their actions from a company that ignores their subscriber's comments and feedback, much like Apple does.

I don't think the cellular network cable of handling wide spread streaming of internet audio. The mobile tv service verizon offers uses spectrum taken from that TV band the was sold to qualcomm.

Blackberry storm might be that device if it lives up to the hype.

Cellular companies will never fully support the streaming on their network. It just takes too much bandwidth and affects all their subscribers. Besides, AT&T officially does have a cap on their data but to date they have not been enforcing it. That may change if an XM/Sirius receiver is buit-into their phone but I dont see anyone, except maybe Apple doing something this extreme.

Exactly, it is all hype at least for the next 5 - 10 years. some people LOVE to hype up A/V services via their phones as the radio or sat killers, but that is simply to justify to themselves the money they put down upfront and each month for a over-hyped device that makes calls, plays tiny games and has weak audio.

Well, now that Sirius has bought XM, I suppose it's to be expected that the Sirius channels will replace the XM channels

I have Sirius. I got Sirius because I like their music channels. Now I have XM music channels. The people of this fourm that recommonded Sirius for the music were right. I now have the XM music channels and I hate them. I will not be renewing thing year.

Some people hate the artist only channels. Some love them. They're damned if they do damned if they dont. Nobody is going to be happy no matter what.

I don't hate the artist only channels, I just dislike some of the artist they feature. No Beatles or Hendrix..........come on

I have Sirius. I got Sirius because I like their music channels. Now I have XM music channels. The people of this fourm that recommonded Sirius for the music were right. I now have the XM music channels and I hate them. I will not be renewing thing year.

I don't hate the artist only channels, I just dislike some of the artist they feature. No Beatles or Hendrix..........come on

And I was hoping for a Dave Clark 5 or Beach Boys station:rolleyes:

I've been an XM sub since 2006 and I'm seriously considering dropping it.

The decades channels have had their playlists completely gutted. For example, 80's on 8 now repeats the same song roughly every 30 hours. And it seems the programmers need to be reminded that the decade actually ran from 1980-1989 and not 1982-1986 that most of the playlist is based on.

To be honest I'm only hanging on because of old American Top 40 shows.

Is it just me or in the last month or so Sirius is putting more commercials and more repeats on 103, 104 & 105? And third rate commercials, to boot.

Beginning to lose a little of it's luster. BBC is nice, but not sufficient reason alone to keep the service, once my free period runs out.

Exactly my feelings. The only channels I really like that they kept are classic rewind and classic vinyl. Liquid metal has a whole new feel and im not getting artist alerts nearly 1/2 as much as I used to with hard attack. Also miss the big 80's and 60's vibrations. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Ron & Fez are the only thing keeping me with XM at this time. Though, next time I take a long road trip, I will probably appreciate it more.

1st Wave is a terrible replacement for Fred. Faction is a joke.

There are a few channels I actually like better now, but just barely.

Interesting perspective. It's almost as if the management is so incompetent, they picked the worst features of BOTH services and got rid of anything good.

I don't think that's the case though. I think it's just that both services originally ACTUALLY CATERED TO DIFFERENT AUDIENCES! Crazy concept in radio. Now they're alienating both audiences. It's pathetic.

Well, they certainly seem to think they're coming out ahead. See earlier comment about the savings greatly exceeding subscriber losses.

They've GOT to become profitable, to be a going concern. If they don't, we won't even have half a loaf.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)