XM Removing Some Channels from DirecTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.
BTLS baby! He is what Howard was 15 years ago.

Bubba always put on a better show than Howard (that I have heard), but he was really going downhill towards the end of his OTA radio days at 98 Rock in Tampa. I mean, there was a time where he was pretty funny and did his shock themes like No Panties Thursday and all that (circa 1997) but he really got dull and boring towards the end. He would carry on and on about wrestling and running for sheriff, and he certainly did his share of bitching about things that were his own fault. I don't know what kind of show he puts on now because I don't listen to Sirius, but he sucked towards the end of his OTA days. But he can't be any worse than that idiot Howard Stern. I would rather listen to just about anybody than Howard Stern, even MJ a.k.a Todd Schnitt, who sucks too and is about to lose his own job when it comes time for what should be his contract renewal in the fall of this year.

The biggest problem with talk radio these days is the amount of ads, especially on AM radio. A prime example is Dave Ramsey's show. I listen to him when I can on the radio and watch his television show. The amount of ads during the radio show make it almost unlistenable, but the TV show seems to not have nearly as much time devoted to ad time. I used to listen to Neal Boortz all the time but the ads got ridiculous. Right now it seems talk radio on satellite has less of the hour devoted to ads but that will only increase as time goes by. Greed greed greed, and overpaid idiots like Howard Stern don't help the situation any.

i wish they would take all of them off, and put music choice back on, like they had before, liked them much better.

Can't live without Ron & Fez.

Ron and Fez rock, they are way better than O and A. If your ever in NY check them out at the XM studio. I did a few months ago, it was very cool. As for BTLS, his show is way better than Howard. I catch Bubba on the drive home and I would keep my service just for him and Ned!!!

As for O and A, I think they will stick around, if you have the price lay out that Sirus/XM sent to the FCC, the Virus is still listed, they know people will split if they drop O and A. Personaly, I could careless, Howard nor O and A pay me to listen to them, so they can all get the shaft.

I just wish they would completly remove xm and just go with sirius. Sirius's lineup is way better than xm.
Wrong. XM has a much better and deeper playlist on most music channels. I don't pay to hear the same songs six to ten times a day. Keep the XM music and everything else from Sirius.

Yes, I have both services. XM and Sirius in my car, XM and Sirius in my home office, and the wife has XM in her car. I'm wondering what happens to my Sirius Lifetime with the merger. Squizz rocks!

skottey said:
Don't know about Ron & Fez.

Howard sucks..... My wife and I will cancel our XM if Opie and Anthony go, and I think they will find that to be the case with a lot of subscribers. If they think that those who enjoy Opie and Anthony will just switch over and listen to that idiot Howard Stern, they have a lot to learn about their subscribers.

Regardless of who is better; Howard or O&A (and they both have their moment); the fact remains that MOST sat radio listeners care about the unedited/uncensored MUSIC and the selection of that music!

Regardless of who is better; Howard or O&A (and they both have their moment); the fact remains that MOST sat radio listeners care about the unedited/uncensored MUSIC and the selection of that music!

The talk shows are what add value to the service. If I want just music, I have a six disc CD changer that reads MP3's (100+ songs per disc if I like) and dozens of MP3CD's in the car. I could drive from my home in Florida to Alaska and back and never listen to the same song twice if I wanted. Music isn't the issue. I listen to the music stations a lot but could certainly live without them. I can't get O&A where I live and my wife and I both enjoy the show. I also listen to POTUS (as far left as it comes across and I am a registered Republican, but I still listen because I like politics). So between POTUS, O&A, and other talk and comedy, I am getting things I couldn't get elsewhere. Take that away and it becomes something not worth paying for. I'm pretty sure the sports are a big draw too with many people.

I would also be more than willing to vote (Howard vs. O&A) with my $$$ by cancelling the service if they ditch the one I am in favor of (O&A).

If you think that most sat listeners care about the unedited/uninterrupted music, than why is sat radio spending a bulk of their money on names like Howard, O&A or Oprah? Would you pay the same for just the music stations?

I agree. Music choice was DJ free, Ad Free, and Promo free.

There were no commercials on the XM stations I listen to, last time I checked (yesterday). There is also very little DJ chatter on the XM stations I listen to. I believe they announce live events and concert schedules and very little else. There is nothing wrong with a self promo. "Squizzzzzzzzzz" oh boy, that was awful, they said the name of the station. Oh my god... give me music choice! Come on. Your point is nilled! People like having XM in their home like they listen to in their car.

Do you guys think these are being replaced or are the starting to clear some bandwith in anticipation of their upcoming sirius on xm with the merger?

I'd think they're still a few months away any new content even after the merger is final, which hasn't happened yet.

As far as XM is concerned, this only affected their ONLINE lineup through XMRO. None of those channels have been on the SatRad's for years as has been mentioned. The only change XM has made recently to their radio lineup was the addition of Fox Business Net at 128 this past Monday. I saw a list of the stations that XM is adding to XMRO and there are about 8 or so stations primarily XM produced sports talk and a some other news and talk stations.

Not sure if D* will add any of the new XMRO stations to their line up. Memory serves that they have something in their contract with XM that they can't rebroadcast content that is not XM produced like CNN or ESPN. But they might be able to add some of the XM produced stuff like XM Sports Nation, MLB Home Plate and the NHL and PGA channels. When D* first added XM to their lineup, I loved MLB Home Plate and was sad they took it off. Maybe they can add it back though it really doesn't mantter to me. I have 2 XM Radio's and a home stereo receiver with built in XM. But I do like the ability to listen through the TV from time to time.

OK clearly this thread has gone off track.

Doesn't matter if you like O&A or Howard better. You choose which one you want and you enjoy it. Also, if O&A get fired after the merger, it won't be because of Howard. It will be because of all the crap that O&A said about Mel Karmazin (Their old boss.)

This is not a Sirius vs XM thread.

What kills me is they said they needed the merger to provide more service, yet the 1st thing they do is cut programming. Go figure!

What kills me is they said they needed the merger to provide more service, yet the 1st thing they do is cut programming. Go figure!

Yeah... but they are both so far in the red that they face going under if they don't merge. I just think getting rid of O&A would be a horrible business decision.

Wow, I thought this thread was about Special X!

Anyway, I am very sad to see Special X go. It was one of my absolute favorite channels and I listened to it regularly. I love strange and unusual DR. Demento kind of stuff. Where can you find stuff like that now?

Wow, I thought this thread was about Special X!

Anyway, I am very sad to see Special X go. It was one of my absolute favorite channels and I listened to it regularly. I love strange and unusual DR. Demento kind of stuff. Where can you find stuff like that now?

So back on topic. What kind of music was on Special X?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts