XM Satellite interruption 2/2/2011

Wdam33

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 29, 2003
Louisville, KY
It appears that the XM service is down. I noticed that it went down around 545 PM EST. Multiple forums (xmfan) are reporting the interruption. All of my devices have no signal or audio. Also can not tune in the preview channel.

Mark
In KY

Having the same issue here in Virginia. According to my SkyFi I have great signal and around 0.3% BER on both satellites so great signal, but it cannot lock onto any channel. The listener care representative told me that they were having issues with their satellites, but their IT department fixed the problem several minutes ago and a "refresh" would fix the problem. When that didn't fix the problem I was magically disconnected.

I just fired up my SKIFY2 into diagnostic mode and I also have good signals as well, but can not lock on either. I missed the post over at Facebook stating that this outage would last for the next hour or so. We'll see. Many conflicting reports are coming in saying that their service is OK. They are probably getting signals from the terrestrial ground repeaters I bet.

Mark

I just fired up my SKIFY2 into diagnostic mode and I also have good signals as well, but can not lock on either. I missed the post over at Facebook stating that this outage would last for the next hour or so. We'll see. Many conflicting reports are coming in saying that their service is OK. They are probably getting signals from the terrestrial ground repeaters I bet.

Mark
We actually run two of the repeaters here in Connecticut. And the service is received via the same satellites. (Maybe in other areas it is different... we were one of the first repeaters in operation for XM..)

I'm on hold for a second go around with Customer Care to see if I get a better explanation this time. :)

Customer service is clueless, lots of people reporting calling in and the CSR's saying there is nothing wrong then saying they will send a rehit to your radio.

Thats not the problem. :D

Damn, I though the ice and snow messed up my trucks antenna. Even power cycled my little xmp3 radio. Glad to see it wasn't my stuff. Damn hour drive this weather and no satellite radio made me cranky tonight. (Or maybe it was snowblowing for the second time tonight in the dark).

Its about my renewal time with XM. I have read about a $77 yearly program deal. Is it real or memorix? I didnt know if you need a coupon or if its a waste trying to get a better deal with them.

Its about my renewal time with XM. I have read about a $77 yearly program deal. Is it real or memorix? I didnt know if you need a coupon or if its a waste trying to get a better deal with them.

I got a deal for a little over a $ 100 per radio, thats XM plus the BOS package.
Don't worry about how much each radio is (unless this is the only one you have) but I told them to give ne the BOTTOM line, what it would cost me for all three of my radios and it came out to actually something like $ 101, so I took it, also verified that I can get the same or better deal next year.
Have them note the deal when your done on your account that you can get it again next year if you like the figure !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)