XM Subscriptions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

07mod

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 6, 2007
I have a question for the SiriusXM subscription dept. Why is it that we have to go thru the trouble of cancelling our account to get a promotional price. The promotional price is a fair price for the service or I wouldn't agree to it. However when it's time for the automatic renewal it converts to the regular price which is not in my opinion is 2x what it's worth. With all the commercials now on may why can't I get a good price that renews at the same rate when it's time to renew. Maybe the SiriusXM employees who monitor the site could giv us some insight.

This is the nature of modern subscription entertainment. It is the way things are done with subscription TV, radio and movie rentals. You'll even find it when you rent a home or a storage unit.

Promotional pricing is just what it says it is: promotional. They figure they don't need to offer promotional pricing to those that are hooked.

My SUV has an XM intergrated. When I first purchased it, XM was free for 6 months. After 5 months, I got a billl for 200$ if I wanted to continue and I ignored it. a week before the trial ended, i got another offer for 99$ which I accepted and that was in March 2011.... dunno what happened or who's paying for it now but its not me.

Cheers, K

Cannot find a free trial for my 2008 used car with a SAT button.
Looking for a three month trial so it wont run out during an extended vac coming up this winter.

You can call SiriusXM and depending on who you get will give you a great deal as well. Just renewed one of my radios for $20 for 5 months and got internet streaming included for free for the 5 months.

i got a $25 for 5 months offer in the mail and when I called in they offered me the $99 for a year and I took that instead
It had a link in the letter to try but I never could get the link to work

i got a $25 for 5 months offer in the mail and when I called in they offered me the $99 for a year and I took that instead
It had a link in the letter to try but I never could get the link to work

Technically you paid more with the $99 deal.

Called yesterday to renew my year (was on the $77/year promo) and was offered another year for $86.
12/07/2012-12/07/2013 XM Select 1 Year $86.00
12/07/2012-12/07/2013 U.S. Music Royalty Fee $8.43

5 months for $25 equals $5 a month, or $60 a year. I think $60 a year is less than $99 a year. It's simple ARITHMATIC! ;)
Most forms of election year math dictate that you omit some key element of the equation. The element that you ignored is that the promotional price only lasts five months. The other seven months you're paying the usual $14.49 a month for a grand total of $126.43.

Arithmetic is easy, but setting up the equation correctly isn't necessarily so.

Of course, after 5 months you call to cancel and get the offer all over again.... I actually got 6 months for $25. It actually cost me $27.44 with royalty......

I absolutely agree. Having been with XM since 2001, and seeing it go from a quality premium service to "FM that you have to pay for", I can no longer justify the hassle and expense. So their greed lost them a 4 radio sub. I now pay $3 a month for Slacker and download O&A.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)