XP does not recognize TimeTrax

liveswithmom

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 6, 2006
Ok - this has probably been posted here before but that wonderful search returns nothing with "XP does not recognize TimeTrax" or any other derivative thereof... so here goes...

I followed the TimeTrax Hardward Installation Instructions (TimeTrax was put in its 'happy place' while I sit here fuming...). I completed the last step which was to connect the USB adapter to TimeTrax: bing-bong - new hardware.

I have XP SP2 and XP proceeds to try and find the device drivers - no joy.

I go to TimeTrax and download the device drives and extract to my local drive and explicitly point to the folder: USB-Serial Adapter 2KXP. "The device was not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary software".

Any clues?

Before anyone asks:

XP SP2, TimeTrax 1.4, Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2

liveswithmom said:
Ok - this has probably been posted here before but that wonderful search returns nothing with "XP does not recognize TimeTrax" or any other derivative thereof... so here goes...
I followed the TimeTrax Hardward Installation Instructions (TimeTrax was put in its 'happy place' while I sit here fuming...). I completed the last step which was to connect the USB adapter to TimeTrax: bing-bong - new hardware.
I have XP SP2 and XP proceeds to try and find the device drivers - no joy.
I go to TimeTrax and download the device drives and extract to my local drive and explicitly point to the folder: USB-Serial Adapter 2KXP. "The device was not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary software".
Any clues?

I've got the exact same issue. It's not recognizing the device even though you specifically point to the folder where the drivers should be. I have also right clicked the .inf files and selected install and still nothing.

Timetrax support is worthlessly slow. I opened a ticket Thursday night and now it is Sunday night and not so much as one PEEP out of TT!!

I had to troll around for other people also having the same issue and like most MS products if you keep trying again and again it sometimes resolves itself. So I have been repeating the install instructions again and again and again and still nothing.

Maybe I lucked out and got a crappy TT receiver...

liveswithmom said:
Timetrax support is worthlessly slow. I opened a ticket Thursday night and now it is Sunday night and not so much as one PEEP out of TT!!

I had to troll around for other people also having the same issue and like most MS products if you keep trying again and again it sometimes resolves itself. So I have been repeating the install instructions again and again and again and still nothing.

Maybe I lucked out and got a crappy TT receiver...

Your ticket has been looked at and I have responded.

Derek

Hmm... guess the squeaky wheel got the grease. Issue has been solved by pointing XP Wizard to C:\Program Files\TimeTrax Recast\Drivers. I wonder why the other ones don't work...

The drivers included in the install are the latest drivers.

The drivers in the drivers.zip file are for our legacy product. We have corrected the issue on our site.

We apologize for the delay in getting to you.

Derek

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts