XStream HD at CES

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Here are some shots at the XStream HD Booth, they have some pretty impressive HD... More info and Video coming up as we have a meeting set up in the morning.

Attachments

• XStream HD Media Server.JPG
    XStream HD Media Server.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 358
  • XStream HD Media Server 1.JPG
    XStream HD Media Server 1.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 333
  • XStream HD Media Receiver.JPG
    XStream HD Media Receiver.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 328
  • XStream HD Broadcast.JPG
    XStream HD Broadcast.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 343
Last edited:
What is this, XxtremeHD's 3rd CES without ever releasing an official product?

Did anybody ever check if there was actually a signal on AMC16? :)

I looked at AMC 16. The satellite is almost completely full. Most transponders are used by Echostar's VIP TV IPTV service. There are two new signals that I can't lock.

Are we sure that Charlie is not investing money into this? As XStreamHD is something i been waiting years for and still dont have anything in my hands. These guys ar going to eventually run out of venture capital and need to start sellign a product.

Here are some more pics from the booth. :)

Attachments

• DSC_0173.JPG
    DSC_0173.JPG
    249.8 KB · Views: 305
  • DSC_0169.JPG
    DSC_0169.JPG
    344.8 KB · Views: 313
  • DSC_0168.JPG
    DSC_0168.JPG
    363.5 KB · Views: 336
  • DSC_0155.JPG
    DSC_0155.JPG
    427.5 KB · Views: 300
  • DSC_0152.JPG
    DSC_0152.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 340
  • DSC_0147.JPG
    DSC_0147.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 334
  • DSC_0141.JPG
    DSC_0141.JPG
    274 KB · Views: 313
  • DSC_0142.JPG
    DSC_0142.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 308
  • DSC_0136.JPG
    DSC_0136.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 304
  • DSC_0131.JPG
    DSC_0131.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 331
  • DSC_0178.JPG
    DSC_0178.JPG
    180.6 KB · Views: 302
Still no mention of cost or availablity I want to add another dish to my farm already and these people are teasing me with this, it just not fair and I hope we buy them out for sheets and giggles.

Still no mention of cost or availablity I want to add another dish to my farm already and these people are teasing me with this, it just not fair and I hope we buy them out for sheets and giggles.
You will find out a lot more... as I said before I am sitting down with the CEO today for an hour and he will give us the scoop on launch date, pricing and more.

I will be doing an interview with him for the podcast which will come out next Monday or Tuesday and many answers folks have been waiting for will be revealed.

I have a good feeling you will be hearing a lot more about XStreamHD here at SatelliteGuys over the next few months. ;)

Rolleyes I heard statemes from xstream before about comming out . Unless the CEO says I can plot down cold hard cash right after CES to have teh service then it just another made up prediction based on there part to keep people insterested.

I have a large entertainment budget with there name on it I guess they dont want anyones money.

What exactly is it?

it is a ondemand system

Satellite connects to the media server which gets data streams of movies it downlaods you then take a xstream media reciver and plug it in to the tv and browse the media server or you can use almsot any dlna reciver like the HR2x series or ps3 or xbox360

it supposed to have tivo like funcationalty of depending on what you watch it will pick out new movies for you to watch. It is like vudu but it goes through satellite instead of interwebs.

Rolleyes I heard statemes from xstream before about comming out . Unless the CEO says I can plot down cold hard cash right after CES to have teh service then it just another made up prediction based on there part to keep people insterested.

I have a large entertainment budget with there name on it I guess they dont want anyones money.

Same here I have signed for thier press releases and info on release dates many times on their site and have heard squat. I know it takes some time for a product to be finalized but it seems as if they started releasing info on the product before they had a game plan. Hell when I inquired about beta testing for Vudu I had the box less than 2 weeks later.

I see these two signals on my Broadlogic Spectrum Analyzer:

12120 V 30000
12160 V 30000

What type modulation are they using? I can't lock either signal.

They say it is some custom modulation. Haven't been able to look inside the box to see what chipset they are using for the demod. I attached a pic of the spectrum they were showing in the booth this morning. There are 6 active transponders shown.

Attachments

• specan.JPG
    specan.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 295
Here are some pictures of Scott and George doing the interview.

Attachments

• scottxs.JPG
    scottxs.JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 314
  • scottxs2.JPG
    scottxs2.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 317