XStreamHD Video

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Today I got to interview the CEO of XStreamHD George Gonzalez at CES. George gave us a look at the upcoming service and from what I saw I was excited as it appears the service is almost ready for launch. In fact in this video George shares with us the launch date of the new service.

Now if your interested early next week tune into the SatelliteGuys Podcast as George sat down with me again for more of a one on one conversation and in it he tells SatelliteGuys members how they can get their hands on the new service first.

Last edited:
I have some questions. How much will the movies cost, will they have TV shows, will there be a monthly fee? I am looking at this to maybe replace my Directv service. I watch mostly network TV, a little usa, tnt, tbs, and syfy. I buy a lot of blu-rays and have netflix for movies. What do you think Scott?

This is the 3rd time the boy cried wolf. WHat I didnt hear TrueHD only DTS-MA HD? How does a company exist for 3 years without selling anything? I smell a rat and his name is Charlie.

Last edited:
This is the 3rd time the boy cried wolf. WHat I didnt hear TrueHD only DTS-MA HD? How does a company exist for 3 years without selling anything? I smell a rat and his name is Charlie.

I think you are right. X stream uses a VIP satellite that has coverage over the entire U.S. and has very similar technology to what DISH /Echostar has now. Then the outrageous price to buy a set and install your self, sounds just like DISH 13 -14 years ago. I won't be buying this service since they will be charging a monthly fee and then you have to pay to watch the movies too.

I think you are right. X stream uses a VIP satellite that has coverage over the entire U.S. and has very similar technology to what DISH /Echostar has now. Then the outrageous price to buy a set and install your self, sounds just like DISH 13 -14 years ago. I won't be buying this service since they will be charging a monthly fee and then you have to pay to watch the movies too.
What banks looks at that business plan and gives a loan? Pay for the equipment, pay for the service every month and pay for the movies? Has anyone got any real numbers on what this would cost? Charlie must be funding the rope for these guys to hang themselves with so he can snatch it up cheap?

I wonder if there could be a way to integrate this with Dish. It makes a great companion to the TV services, but would be better paired with Dish to replace their current VOD. Add in Indemand stuff such as howard TV, this service would be way cool! Make it like a USSB / Directv paring from the early days. Then add in a widget on VIP boxes and you could stream 80 Mbit streams to any box in your home. There is alot of potential with dish as you could potentially with line of site make an xstreamHD dish that gets thier sat w/ both eastern and western arch. My only issue is I have 4 + dish's in my back yard, (C / KU / D* / E*) What's another one. I really would like to consolidate my Eastern arch dish with Xstream HD on one dish. If they could get it to work with Dish Comm, you don't even have to run Ethernet then.

I hope that the Ethernet ports are Gigabit :)

What banks looks at that business plan and gives a loan? Pay for the equipment, pay for the service every month and pay for the movies? Has anyone got any real numbers on what this would cost? Charlie must be funding the rope for these guys to hang themselves with so he can snatch it up cheap?

I dont think its Charlie, I think its more like Michel Douglas :)

How much is the monthly charge for the service and how much is it to rent a movie?

This is the 3rd time the boy cried wolf.
I honestly believe that they are for real this time as they are now really broadcasting via the satellite and boxes are in production and they now have a launch date set.

They are not to far from you Vurbano, perhaps you can go see their operation in Tysons Corner and decide for yourself if they are real or not.

I now believe they are real and are ready to go, and I got to admit I like what I saw.

Maybe hotels will use this service????

I have an extremely hard time believing this will catch on with consumers for home use....way too expensive when compared to netflix/blockbuster/redbox.

How much is the monthly charge for the service and how much is it to rent a movie?
From memory the movies to rent were $6.99 but that's for a full 1080p movie in the highest quality plus the lossless audio.

XStreamHD is not going to be for everyone but if you want the best quality audio and video in your house then this is a product for you. As I said before I was impressed with what I saw.

I saw this at NAB, it looks great but it seems to me to be a lot of expense to watch Blu-ray quality movies. A second dish, another satellite receiver, cat 5 cables between receivers and monthly fees. It's just easier to keep netflix. I told them if they could get it to work with my Dish system I have now, I think they would sell more systems. They told me that it's really a niche service for extremely high end home theaters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)