Xtra pack now gone

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Being reported next door as not being seen, and Directv confirmed to one user that it was no longer available to new subs.

The jump from Choice to Ultimate is not so hot IMO.

Looking at Directv's web site they got rid of xtra and added a new family package for $24.99/month.
EDIT: Regular price is $29.99/month but for new customers they drop $5/month.

You have to log out to not see it. Current customers can get it, but new customers cant, according to a post "over there."

Thats whats odd. I went to the site with a browser I never use, IE, and it still showed in packages. Let me try again now that Im at home.

Here is what I get with IE at home:

Untitled_zps68ab3e14.png

OK, I wiped IE and this is what it shows now. Weird, I never use IE for anything. What they are doing is forcing a lot of new people to come in and pay $45 a month vs $40 :)

Untitled_zps8579b582.png

It could be a test for a certain area based on zip code. Before entertainment was launched they tested it in certain markets for new subs.
They have also tested the Select package as available to new customers years ago, and to my knowledge it has never been anything more than a retention package.

Perhaps they want to see if customers will just choose Ultimate or if it will lower new sub numbers any not having it.

Just checked my area (centeral michigan) in a seperate browser with no cookies and it still shows the option of Xtra for new subs, $5 more than choice and $5 less than Ultimate.

I checked with Safari and Firefox. It shows as available for new subscribers here in North Alabama too. The "Family" package does not show up as available here.

Opened the Directv site in Safari (never use it) and it asked me for my zipcode. No Xtra package here in the SF Bay Area. I just changed to this package a few days ago.

I just got a strange message when I logged in and clicked on my programming. I sub to the Xtra package. The message says "Your programming is scheduled to change soon. If you would like to keep all of your current programming please call 800-531-5000. I don't know if this is related to the Xtra package or the fact that my latest HD pack 3 free months runs out on the 18th. I wonder if I call in the morning if they will have a clue what the message on my online account is talking about. I doubt it.

I received the "Your programming will change soon. Call us" message as well. I called DirecTv and the CSR could not find anything that was due to change.
I subscribe to the Xtra package as well.

Looking at Directv's web site they got rid of xtra and added a new family package for $24.99/month.
EDIT: Regular price is $29.99/month but for new customers they drop $5/month.

That is not new. They have always had that family package , but did not have it listed in their packages. You had to ask for it. I

I received the "Your programming will change soon. Call us" message as well. I called DirecTv and the CSR could not find anything that was due to change.
I subscribe to the Xtra package as well.
I called today and they couldn't find anything that was changing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)