yahoo sports reports reds sign cuban pitcher chapman

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 13, 2005
daytona beach
saw this all over the place sunday afternoon. the kid with the 100mph fastball has reportedly signed with a national league team and that team is cincy. they offered him a five year, thirty million dollar contract.

if this kid is as good as people say, this could be a major coup for the reds who aren't known to open their pocketbooks. if this is true, lets hope dusty doesn't ruin him in a few years.

good going reds!!

I had talked this kid a few month back. He is as good with MORE experience against big league pitching than last years #1 pick! IF this is true, this is definitely a major coop for the Reds!

Fear of the unknown Limbo! Bet most that disagreed with how good he never had a chance to sign him so therefore, they probably did not scout him seriously.

Last edited:
just the fact the reds were willing to spend the money and take a chance gives me pause for hope. and if he turns into a future cy young winner, that would be awesome.

just the fact the reds were willing to spend the money and take a chance gives me pause for hope. and if he turns into a future cy young winner, that would be awesome.

IF he turns into a Cy Young winner, sadly it won't be for the Red's , most likely he'll be playing for the yankees. :eek::rolleyes:

btw, the contract is for 6 years and thirty million...not 5 years. that info was also available on the reds website.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)