teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
Features:

• AVENTAGE build standards designed to deliver the highest level of audio performance
  • Aluminum front panel, H-shape cross member frame and rigid bottom frame
  • 11.2-channel preamplifier with balanced XLR outputs (including subwoofer outputs)
  • MusicCast wireless multiroom audio support
  • Bluetooth® and built-in Wi-Fi for wireless music streaming
  • AirPlay®, Spotify®, Pandora® music streaming service and AV Controller App
  • DSD 2.8 MHz / 5.6 MHz, FLAC / WAV / AIFF 192 kHz / 24-bit, Apple® Lossless 96 kHz / 24-bit playback
  • YPAO™ - R.S.C. with 3D, multipoint and angle measurement
  • Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X™ support (up to 7.1.4-ch)
  • CINEMA DSP HD3 expands the sound field vertically for more thrilling and realistic surround sound
  • Professional digital-to-analog conversion (ESS SABRE™ Ultra DAC ES9016S) for all channels
  • Advanced HDMI® zone switching allows unprecedented AV switching to multiple zones
  • HDMI 2.0a: 4K Ultra HD video upscaling with HDCP 2.2 and high dynamic range (HDR) support
  • Now with MusicCast, this device can be expanded to deliver wireless multiroom audio playback, all controlled by a simple app.
CX-A5100.jpg

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/aventage/cx-a5100_black_u/?mode=model

S~

Last edited:
This will be my new toy once it is released. Ordered!!!!!!!! It has pretty much everything I need and can think of from Full HDMI 2.0a/HDCP 2.2 support (with HDR) on all ports, Atmos, DTS:X, etc. This is going to replace my older Marantz AV7005. Now next spring, when UHD TVs are up to specs, I'll either get a projector for the theater room or a new flatscreen for the family room. Family room is getting way more use these days than the theater.

S~

Last edited:
That's a nice piece of kit. High end receiver will be on my list, but probably 12-18 months from now.

Surprised you went from the Marantz 8 series coming with XT32 to a Yammie.
Yamaha's done a lot with their room correction. Time for a change. I loved my first (and only) Yamaha DD receiver (pre-DTS). Time to give it a try again. It has everything I can possibly need. Should sound good with the Wharfedales.

S~

Good pricing always helps. Im too much a chicken to leave XT32 with dual sub eq having the two subs. I understand it in and out now and can get great results lol

They've made major progress with dual sub calibration. I'll give my impressions when I have it.

Wonder whether Yamaha will do an RX version of this pre-pro or is this the pre-pro version of the RX-A3050? Marantz does that with the AV-8802A, which is the pre-pro version of my Denon X7200WA with balanced outputs.

Picking it up this afternoon after work :)

S~

Well. Couldn't pick it up yesterday. Picking it up this afternoon.

Last edited:
Pardon what is probably a silly question. :oops:

Just ran across this post. I have an older Yamaha RX-V565 and 7.1 setup. Starting to think about a receiver upgrade when I go to a 4K TV before long, and wondered what Yamaha had going on these days. Looking at the newer ones at Best Buy, and they seemed like mostly the same ole-same ole. Seeing this post, I checked out the specs on this one from the link in the OP and looked cool, but couldn't help being stumped...what kind of speaker connectors are those three-prong connections on the back of that receiver? Clearly I have a bit of learning ahead to get back up to speed on these things. :confused:

This not a receiver. It is a processor which requires an external amp. The 3 prong connectors are balanced XLR connectors between the processor and the amp. The 50 series would be the newest line of receivers.

S~

Reactions: DWS44
Going to have to scour through the manual. Need to find how to automatically remember listening modes on the same input when switching between DD and 2 channel PCM. Same annoyance I have with my Pioneer. Something that neither Denon nor Marantz has a problem with.

Otherwise setup was a breeze (except luggin amps up and down the stairs with my bad knees). YPAO sets up quickly. Bumped the bass again. Something I had to do with the Marantz, too. Sounds great. Love having Bluetooth downstairs now so I can listen from my phone. A lot more to fill in. I'll do it in the first post.

S~

Set up. Don't mind the mess in the stand. I said my arthritis was acting up bad. Quickest I could get it set up in as little pain as possible. I'll clean it up when my knees feel better.

S~

5100 Set up.jpg 5100 in stand.jpg

Reactions: dfergie
The center is much better than with the Marantz. Not overpowered by the left and right fronts. I shouldn't have taken the Parasound back upstairs. I kind of want to hear it with that.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts