Yankees-Mets Blacked Out in Baltimore?

Once again the MLB Net regional games are a crap shoot. Use to be only teams who didnt get the main game were the 2 markets playing in said main game. Now there is no reason as to why someone gets a game other than for sure the backup game goes to the teams playing in the main game

so to sum up...this is if there is a main and backup game
team is one of the 2 teams playing...you get the OTHER game
everyone else...good luck. There is no "rules" on what game you get

Wow. I guess I should have expected that such a "simple" (or perhaps more accurately, "stupid") question would elicit these responses. It's all clear as mud. Just as an fyi....the following night, the Mets-Yankees game was on (and not blacked out for me) on ESPN and then last night the Phillies-Red Sox were on (and not blacked out) on MLBN while the Yankees-Mets were on but blacked out on MLBNA. Both nights, the Orioles-Nationals were on MASN (local RSN for me). Might be as simple as Phillies are "more local" to me than NY teams. Too bad I'm not a Phillies fan.

Again, there is a difference in rules between the RSN, FOX, ESPN, and MLBN/MLBNA. (And probably TNT and WGN etc) Saying a team was or was not blacked out compared to another network's coverage just does not mean anything.

Got it. Tonite the schedule is the same as Monday. Yanks-Mets on MLBN and Phillies-RedSox on MLBNA. But tonite the former is available and the latter is blacked out. I'm done. :)

On NESN or MLBN??

On MLBN. I get NESN, but the Red Sox are on NESN, not the Yankees & Mets. Interestingly either Tuesday or Wednesday the Red Sox-Phillies were on MLBN and when I selected it for viewing I was told I could not watch the game in my area and to go back to what I was watching (or words to that affect). The Monday Yankees-Mets was also carried on Albany, NY local CBS station that night. Last night Yankees-Mets were on MLBN again and I could tune in. I ended up watching Mets coverage on Albany's Local CW to get the Met's announcers.

NO it doesn't. MLB Net does regionalized games but there is no "rule" as to which area gets what game. The only rule is the NY market would get the other game because if your team is on MLB Net you get the other game (or other programming)

Kinda following up on this from a different area of the country... Hawaii.

California RSNs claim Hawaii so we get the southern cal stations.

Today MLBN is scheduled to run Yankees vs Nationals. Time Warner Cable is carrying this game here on Maui. For us DISH subscribers, this game will be blacked out and the MLBNA game will be in the clear - Texas vs Boston.

I'm confused as to why cable would get the main feed and DISH would get the alternate feed in the same zip code.

Kinda following up on this from a different area of the country... Hawaii.

California RSNs claim Hawaii so we get the southern cal stations.

Today MLBN is scheduled to run Yankees vs Nationals. Time Warner Cable is carrying this game here on Maui. For us DISH subscribers, this game will be blacked out and the MLBNA game will be in the clear - Texas vs Boston.

I'm confused as to why cable would get the main feed and DISH would get the alternate feed in the same zip code.
I wonder why TWC doesn't have the Texas game. Seems to me that would be of more interest to that part of the country.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Neither the Yankees or the Mets are on MASN unless they are playing the Orioles or the Nationals.

I agree that they're isn't any rhyme or reason. In the Boston area, basically, we get the ALT game when the Red Sox are on the main channel. Therefore, it doesn't make sense as to why the OP was blacked out of Yankees vs Mets on MLBN, in the beltway. Although I have to be honest that I'm not up to date with any rule changes this year.

Don't challenge Iceberg. He knows this stuff 100.9% of the time.

Finally, don't post when you don't understand how the game is played.
1.) Yankees vs Mets will never be on MASN.
2.) RSN territories do not apply to MLBN, NHLN, or NBA TV, outside of blacking out games if they are on the local RSN.

Now i have noticed a trend that if you arent blacked out on either the reg ch or alt channel ESPECIALLY day games you will get what feed your time zone is in. Im in central time and if both games are not blacked out i will ONLY get the east coast game and not the later West Coast game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts