Yankees on MLB Extra Innings?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Ah, that's right..... I remember someone said that it had been added to the CSRs systems so everyone assumed it was imminent to be added......

Oh, well..... I can't believe that MLB didn't make it a requirement for Extra Innings for EVERY RSN and superstation that carried baseball to be made available to those local viewers in those affected markets....

I just heard from my friend at YES, he says they they are still in talks and nothing in finized yet, but things are looking positive.

He also mentioned that talks must be going very good if they have a signal uplinked since Yes does not normally authorize a DSR receiver for anyone without a contract in place.

Im not going to go on the record yet as saying it is 100% definate. ;)

Hmmm. I guess George's desire to help pay Randy Johnson's salary overwhelmed his stubborness to get the huge deal he wanted..... We'll see......

You guys are losing me. :( Could someone make this simple for me. My dad lives in KY and is a big Yankee fan. If I get MLB Extra Innings for my father, will he get to see most of the Yankee games?

Thanks,
John

IF E* gets YES and IF your father suscribes to Extra Innings then Yes he would get the Yankee games. If they DON'T get YES, you can still watch them by watching the broadcast feeds from the other teams broadcast (ie. if they are playing the Red Sox you can watch NESN's feed on the Extra Innings slate if they are carrying it - they usually carry the game if it is on the RSN... if it is on local free TV I don't think they carry it...). However, if you are in a zip code claimed by the Yankees you are blacked out even if you can normally watch NESN as the rules dictate that you watch YES's ads while enjoying the game.... um, but since you can't get YES you're SOL.

Hey, getting Extra Innings last year at all was a major surprise so maybe they have another April surprise waiting for us.....

They must be talking, dunno if you'll actually get the channel. But it's uplinked and has EPG Info...

Sean Mota said:
Where is YES? Any status? Exhibition games will start soon...

JohnH starts an new thread, usually Tuesday afternoon with a Wednesday update, concerning any changes. Check his weekly thread for updates.

He does a remarkable job reporting what is being uplinked or changed.

Scott, how about asking JohnH to cross post his thread here?

Knowing the way Dish has acted in the past, I wouldn't expect to see YES any earlier than April 4 or so. Why pay for the channel when there are no (non-exhibition) games on?

I'd even say it would be mid April..... Charlie is so cheap he pinches a quarter until the eagle screams..... If he thinks he can knock .02 cents off the monthly fee by letting them think they will go another year with all those subscribers not filling Steinbrenners pockets then he will do so.....

any updates on YES? my gut is telling me that if it isnt up by time the season starts it will never be there... i guess the only positive thing is that it is being uplinked so something must be happening

Well I just can't see how 4 RSNs will survive in New York City. It is completely unnecessary to have this many regional sports networks for one location. With the Mets new network, I am assuming they will get a contract with another sport to fill programming holes in the offseason. I read somewhere that the Devils will not be on YES. They will be on MSG/FSNY. Interesting to note, within the last few weeks Cablevision acquired full ownership of FSNY from News Corp. They now own BOTH MSG and FSNY. What exactly is the logic behind having two RSNs when three teams are going to be or are currently on other networks (Mets, Nets, Yankees). That leaves the Islanders, Knicks, Devils, and Rangers. One would assume that the Knicks and Rangers would stay on MSG. I really believe FSNY is on its last legs. MSG could provide an alternate feed for the Devils and the Islanders. I am not sure if my information is 100% accurate. Hopefully someone can shed some light.

Let's see, MSG already lost the Yankees and Nets. Half of their Mets games have already moved over to FSNY, and next year they will be gone altogether. The Rangers and Devils aren't even playing this year, and the Knicks stink. And they want an INCREASE? If I were a cable or DBS company I'd be expecting a big cut in the $$$ for this channel.

Between this and the VOOM fiasco, Cablevision really is run by a bunch of idiots.

With EVERY sports team in New York deciding that they DESERVE their own network, it is only a matter of time before the Yanks, Mets, Rangers, Islanders, Knicks, Devils, AND Nets all try and start their own channels. We'll assume that the Giants and Jets stay tied up with ESPN and the Broadcast Networks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)