Yankees were in HD today at 1pm ET

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
They have added a few more HD cameras but still the Mets presentation (having more HD cameras) is better. The Mets beat them down with their HD studio.

So does “enhanced definition” for the non HD games mean widescreen? I guess this also means that all games will be shown on 715 now because you can't upconvert on the SD station.

I think that is what it means... Hopefully people will know the distinction and they will not be upset that their HD look so horrible :)

:down
spiderman865 said:
;) Another plus for Cablevision over Direc-TV.

So far this year Cablevision has showed EVERY home game in HD on ch.715 :up

Last year Directv showed almost All of the yankees home games in HD,
BUT this year they have Only showed 3 so far and None since last week :down

Last edited:
main reason why I made the switched this year to Cablevision. I like the idea that when a home game is expected, I will be able to watch it in HD! last year, DirecTv did not show some of the games or they changed the channel without notice and when you call CSR's, you would get a blank statement like "we do not carry any YES games in HD". As a customer, I do not want to deal with that nonsense.

Sean Mota said:
main reason why I made the switched this year to Cablevision. I like the idea that when a home game is expected, I will be able to watch it in HD! last year, DirecTv did not show some of the games or they changed the channel without notice and when you call CSR's, you would get a blank statement like "we do not carry any YES games in HD". As a customer, I do not want to deal with that nonsense.

Im with you 100% on this one sean, I switched over a few months ago and Im happy I did. (my directv is currently on a 6 month suspension, after that I will not be switching back!) I am Very suprised Directv has shown so few games this year, I would be royaly pissed if I still soley had directv. I only switched to Directv a few years ago because of the Yes/Cablevision Fiasco. I never thought I would ever say this again, but here goes....

THANK YOU CABLEVISION!!:)

PS... Now get me my ESPN2 for More HD Baseball :)

DVRaholic said:
BUT this year they have Only showed 3 so far and None since last week :down
You might have only seen three, but DirecTV has aired 6 Yankee games in HD: all 3 Royals games from the first homestand, last Sat. and Sun. games against the Orioles, and the first Devil Rays game.

I had forgotten about the first 3.... :eek:

But the last 2 games vs. the Devil Rays were Only in HD on Cablevision, right

PS Im not watching on Directv, my HD-Tivo box is not activated but the guide still works :)

WOW this is suprising, Just checked the Directv schedule and the Yankees Red Sox game is NOT being shown in HD tonight!!! (It will be on Cablevision)

Once again THANK GOD I have Cablevision now!!!!

I think its Time to change my avatar :)

Are you kidding me? D* is not showing tonights Yanks - Sox game tonight? Talk about your "Village Idiots". Now I know it wasn't a mistake dumping D*. I never thought I'd say this either but THANK YOU Cablevision!

austen0316 said:
the game is on directv. espn is carrying tonights game in hd

If you are outside NY YES territory, it will be fine but if you are within YES NY territory, you will be out of luck unless you can see the YES HD feed.

Yeah but is it blacked out or does ESPN have the national rights? I thought only Sunday night baseball allowed for ESPN to not be blocked out, any other night, ESPN gets blocked out for local RSN.

Sunday night is ESPN's only exclusive night. If the Mets or Yankees are on ESPN any other time it will be blacked out in the NY area and you will have to watch the local telecast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)