Status
Please reply by conversation.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
I GOT THE DPP44 SW TO ACT LIKE A DiSEQ SWITCH!!!!!!!
:D :D :D :D :eek: :D :D :D :D :D

SEES ALL SATS ON ALL 4 PORTS!!!!!!!!!!

THE PROG USED WAS my theatre. NO OTHER PROG WAS ABLE TO DO THIS!

Status update: unable to see voom chanels though :( and nasa for some reason.. allthough i have figured out the FSS lnbf on the super dish will only pick up 121 and 105. Something with the way dish Ocolates the freqs will only allow you to pick up there birds only.. weird.. later guys

Cool - were you able to say 'show me port 4' or just scan against whatever it saw?

105 / 121 use a linear LNB (H or V vs a circular L or R).

I was actually able to see it.. then i could switch and all set.. channel 101 again.. now if i can find some software that has blind scan with it and works then i would be all set.

I wish! I don't believe there is any pci sat card available that has blind scan. For a super-duper-amazingly-laughably slow version, just do this; create a new transponder list and include ALL variables... ie, freq., symbol rate... ;) Should only take a week or so to scan.

... during which time the signals/transponders/feeds will come and go.... :rolleyes:

I won't pretend to know; but I theorize that it's becuase all the work is delegated out to various pc components... makes it MUCH slower and messier than a set-top fta unit. I hear that the cards with more on-board decoding are a little quicker; I've even heard rumors of beta blind searching tools in some 3rd party Nexus software. Of course, completely incompatable with our 'budget' Twinhan's ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)