yee-hawww!!

webbydude

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 6, 2005
Akron, Ohio, United States
I normally don't complain about service calls. *ahem* Ok...maybe not THAT much :p . But I really needed to vent about this one I had today. The gentleman recently upgraded to a 211 and just bought a really nice Mitsubishi hi-def (no...not sure what model number. I just install things...I don't watch much TV after seeing the damn things all day LOL).

At any rate, for "some" reason he wasn't getting much of signal. Come to find out not only did somebody STEAL!! his SW21 that combined his legacy duals, but the neighbor's tree was blocking his line-of-site. Fine. No problem. But get a load of his casa!! I wonder if he's ever heard of this wonderful invention known as a *drum roll*...lawn mower. It's a wonder I got a line of site after moving the dish to a pole-mount in his yard due to the overall height of his grass. Good thing it's been raining for the past 4 days otherwise I might have worried about snakes!

Bottom line of this little rant is that it never ceases to amaze me that people will buy the latest in television techno, but completely live in the worst of homes. And this is in the downtown area of a large town...Akron. At least now he's up to NEC spec. Surprised he hasn't had any problems with his system before since it's going on 7 years old.

Attachments

• Picture 013.jpg
    Picture 013.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 292
  • Picture 014.jpg
    Picture 014.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 264
  • Picture 015.jpg
    Picture 015.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 243
  • Picture 016.jpg
    Picture 016.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 282
  • Picture 017.jpg
    Picture 017.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 287
  • Picture 018.jpg
    Picture 018.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:
Curious, your company doesn't require a pic of what you grounded to? I work for ADS and they are strict about the pics we have to take. Wow, u sure have to put a lot of skew on those dishes in OH. Thought, at first glance the dish was damaged.

Sorry...guess I should've taken a picture of the groundwire going to the utility box/ground-rod inside. Yeah...our skew is pretty intense. 122 degrees. Worse for a SD121 or D1000. 126 and 125, respectively

MANNN thats way passed any lawn mower capability .....LOL.....Looks like he needs to rent a BushHog!

OkieTech said:
Curious, your company doesn't require a pic of what you grounded to? I work for ADS and they are strict about the pics we have to take. Wow, u sure have to put a lot of skew on those dishes in OH. Thought, at first glance the dish was damaged.

Our people want 4 pix (we have to print them, no discs) on every job:

Box with our contact info sticker on it.

Dish

Ground Block

Address

We have to provide detail photos if there is physical damage or issues calling for a reinstall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)