Yellow Card - Heads Up!

Yellow card & 721

Which mine went easy, got the first smart card labeled for 721 & 921 only, Started at 6:30am finally after multiple reboots resets, gave up for the day at 8am, started again at 8pm that night after 2 attempts, dish admits they are haviing issues with some 721 not taking new cards, so will send a new yellow card...Card 2 was sent next day fedex, card had a nice u shape to it :eek:

still no go after 45 minutes, so they are sending a reman 721 to replace my original, but with a yellow card allready married to it!, this time it went flawless.

on a side note we are seeing some 301's getting new yellow cards before the 501 or 508/510 in the same household, but up here in vermont they do work as ice scrapers!

Andy B Jost Electronics Northern Vermont

www.jostelectronics.com

SatinKzo said:
My update went fine, other than taking 40 minutes on hold to get someone. I even called the regular number on my cell and still was on hold when the first line picked up. Then of course it took 20 minutes to get all my programming authrorized.

Same exact thing happened to me. Except that I was on hold for over an hour on the house phone & only about ten minutes from my cell. It was weird listening to the same hold music (in very bad mono I might add) on both phones at the same time/

My mother lost her yellow card before I could get there to change it over for her. We called and had another one mailed but her service was turned off BEFORE the replacement arrived. Believe me, you do NOT want that to happen. What a mess! However, although their poor command of the English language was a hindrance, the CSR's were helpful and tried to work things out. Once the second card arrived, the process went well.

Does anyone know when this is supposed to be completed by?
I haven't received any new cards for my receivers and just would like to know whent to start worrying by.
TIA

I'm very convinced that Dish's CSR group was outsourced to India. I tried explaining that I have the 721 and it WILL take about 4 minutes to reboot the machine. Oh well, it didn't compute and I got the "what do you see now" every 5 seconds until I stopped responding.

Bobby

yellow card

my 721 already has a yellow card and they sent me a new one, the letter said my blue card will stop working in 2-3 weeks, problem is I don't have a blue card. I really don't want to deal with Dish Customer Service if I already have a yellow card.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)