Yellow Screen?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Frank Jr.

Beati pacifici 5:9
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 8, 2004
Columbia S.C.
I have two 722k's and a 211k on the Eastern Arc. Once in a blue moon I get a brief yellow screen. Anyone else see this?

Probably your OTA tuner is on a weak station and when it loses signal it pops a yellow screen up no matter what channel you are on.

Try to leave both OTA tuners on the strongest OTA channel.

Frank, I assume you are referring to the satellite feed of the locals rather than OTA reception of locals...

I've seen those yellow screens when Dish's OTA reception equipment for the LiL channels loses its lock on the local stations. I've seen this a few times on the Houston stations. The instances that come to mind are when tropo is really strong and during the digital transition when stations were temporarily off-air or operating at reduced power.

Thanks for the replies guys but I have no OTA tuners installed in my Dish receivers. I do receive local hd channels through Dish. dfergie and steven may have hit on something but my wife claims she saw it while watching the SyFy channel. I have only seen it on the locals provided by Dish. I have two separate HD OTA receivers for additional local programing, thus no need for the OTA tuners in the Dish receivers.

What recs is this happening on? If the 722s, how are they connected to the tvs? Some had a problem with HDMI output. Check all connections.

I've seen this happen on locals from 3 different DMAs delivered via SAT to 3 different receiver models. Strangely it always seems to happen on the Fox affiliates.

Not an output problem

What recs is this happening on? If the 722s, how are they connected to the tvs? Some had a problem with HDMI output. Check all connections.

The yellow screen has nothing to do with how the system is hooked to the TV. If an HDMI is messed up it won't put out a yellow screen but will be black from lack of signal to the TV.

The yellow screen only seems to happen on my HD locals.

You're correct.

It will only happen on local channels.

The Yellow/Pink solid screens come up on dishnetwork locals whenever there is a Local POP (point of presence) issue. DishNet uses points of presence for many DMA's wherein they actually have an antenna in that DMA pulling locals from the OTA, converting and uploading to their Uplink center.

This is usually caused by severe weather in that area (at the tower) and/or a drop of service from the provider end.

Thanks for the replies guys but I have no OTA tuners installed in my Dish receivers. I do receive local hd channels through Dish. dfergie and steven may have hit on something but my wife claims she saw it while watching the SyFy channel. I have only seen it on the locals provided by Dish. I have two separate HD OTA receivers for additional local programing, thus no need for the OTA tuners in the Dish receivers.

I get the same yellow screen from the Columbia SC locals in HD. It used to be only on the Fox 57 channel but lately the yellow screen has shown up on CBS channel 19. I also get these channels through Dish. I get the Augusta HD channels via OTA and never have problems with those channels.
This problem is on the Dish end and not on your end. I called about this once and as expected the CSR's were clueless. This is really annoying during football season.

stevenmlaf said:
Frank, I assume you are referring to the satellite feed of the locals rather than OTA reception of locals...

I've seen those yellow screens when Dish's OTA reception equipment for the LiL channels loses its lock on the local stations. I've seen this a few times on the Houston stations. The instances that come to mind are when tropo is really strong and during the digital transition when stations were temporarily off-air or operating at reduced power.

I wish they would just do
A fiber connection direct to the local stations. And not recieving it OTA even though it might be cheaper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts