YES and HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wdahl99

Original poster
Feb 4, 2005
I live in New York area but I am moving to Los Angeles. Can I subscribe to YES network out of state and still get the HD games on Ch 94?

Thanks.

I thought DirecTv change the policy and there were people with MLB EI getting the HD signal with YES on Channel 94. Can those people outside NY Yankees territory chime in and let us know if you are able to see the Yankees games in HD with MLB EI?

We did see 1. I am in Columbus, Ohio. Have MLB EI already but when the Free Preview was on we got a game from YES. It was by far the best looking baseball game of the year. I mean really great PQ. Was looking forward to watching many more of the YES games and since then we have seen nada! Getting the extra HD games that are listed, PQ stinks!!

FlyingJ said:
We did see 1. I am in Columbus, Ohio. Have MLB EI already but when the Free Preview was on we got a game from YES. It was by far the best looking baseball game of the year. I mean really great PQ. Was looking forward to watching many more of the YES games and since then we have seen nada! Getting the extra HD games that are listed, PQ stinks!!

The Yanks are on the road. YES HD shows mostly home games. Very few road games.

Good point Rock...Hope they show more when they get back home. Any explanation why the Yes game's PQ was just about the only true HD I have seen all year?

I don't know the technical reasons, but I suspect it's because they broadcast in 1080i and do not multicast. All I can talk to is what my eyes see. It seems to me that the stations that do not multicast have better PQ than the ones that do. Case in point; FOX NY vs ESPN they both broadcast in 720p. ESPN does not multicast Fox NY does. I get the NY locals via Sat and OTA. The PQ via OTA is only slightly better than it is on D, no one that I know has been able to tell the difference.

Sean Mota said:
I thought DirecTv change the policy and there were people with MLB EI getting the HD signal with YES on Channel 94. Can those people outside NY Yankees territory chime in and let us know if you are able to see the Yankees games in HD with MLB EI?
What they gave us is "selected" HD games, not all of them. Some of the Yankees' HD games are on, and some are not.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)