yes HD on ch. 94

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tiraggi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 27, 2005
long island n.y.
anyone know why todays yankee game is not on ch. 94? I get it on ch. 622 but not on the HD channel. Thanks for any info.

tiraggi said:
My guess is either d* screwed-up or yes forgot to flip the switch

I think it was D*. Cablevision subs in NYC were getting YES HD and the game in HD without problems.

This isn't the first time D* has dropped the ball on YES-HD. If it happens again today, I suggest everlbody calls D* at once.

I received this e-mail response from D* regarding yesterdays game not shown on ch. 94.
Thanks for writing. Major League Baseball games are available regionally in select markets. These games are shown as our HD broadcast capacity allows. Please check your on-screen guide from channels 94 to 96 a few days prior to game day to see if a Major League Baseball game in HD is available in your area.
Please note that due to agreements between the RSNs and Major League Baseball, we are delivering HD feeds of games to customers who live within an RSN’s home area only. Viewers outside of an RSN’s home market who subscribe to MLB EXTRA INNINGS will receive the standard definition feeds of games in the MLB EXTRA INNINGS channels (734-749).Thanks again for writing and stay tuned to DIRECTV com for the latest news and information about our service.
Does anyone know what this means - in plain english? I have been able to get the HD channel for over two months now.

I called D* about this and was told that there were no 1PM (east time) games on at all on the Extra Innings package. I don't have the EA package, just YES and the HD package. It was a decision made by MLB for some unknown reason.

Please don't shoot, I'm just repeating what the guy told me. :confused:

tiraggi said:
I received this e-mail response from D* regarding yesterdays game not shown on ch. 94.
Does anyone know what this means - in plain english? I have been able to get the HD channel for over two months now.

That is just plain nonsense... If the Yankees are transmitting an HD game on YES, there should be a transmittion on it. Especially when Cablevision was transmitting the same game in HD yesterday. They dropped the ball once more and did not do it. That is what happens.

It is most likely the Fox rights on MLB

Mostly likely this is not DirecTVs fault. Fox has the exlusive rights to baseball on Saturday afternoons. Even if YES is in your local market, they still can blackout your HD feed and only keep the SD feed.

If YES is not in your local area, then you have no options but to watch whatever game FOX decides to air on Saturday afternoons.... and there are even some afternoons that my local Fox affiliate does not even air a baseball game. :mad:

I am an out of market Yankee fan and my only options on Saturday are listening to the game on XM radio or mlb gameday audio. Its kind of sad in that we have the technology to beam these games to everyone in the world but due to exlusive contracts, etc... this is just not possible no matter how much you are willing to pay. Don't get me wrong, I am greatful that I can at least listen to the game....just diappointment that I myself, can not make this choice.

soncaliente welcome to the forum but fox has nothing to do with RSN rights. YES HD is a RSN and Cablevision was carrying the HD feed. So if what you are saying is true, Cablevision customer would have been blacked out as well. In fact, this game wa not televised by Fox at all on Saturday. In a case where Fox has bought the exclusive rights on any games, the RSN does not televise the game at all and everyone has to switch to Fox whether it is SD or HD. This was not the case. YES had the exclusive right to it on Saturday.

blew said:
I called D* about this and was told that there were no 1PM (east time) games on at all on the Extra Innings package. I don't have the EA package, just YES and the HD package. It was a decision made by MLB for some unknown reason.

Please don't shoot, I'm just repeating what the guy told me. :confused:

They told you crap. I looked on my program guide Saturday for ch 94, and saw the MLB EI listing for Yankees/Royals @ 1pm.

Sean Mota said:
soncaliente welcome to the forum but fox has nothing to do with RSN rights. YES HD is a RSN and Cablevision was carrying the HD feed. So if what you are saying is true, Cablevision customer would have been blacked out as well. In fact, this game wa not televised by Fox at all on Saturday. In a case where Fox has bought the exclusive rights on any games, the RSN does not televise the game at all and everyone has to switch to Fox whether it is SD or HD. This was not the case. YES had the exclusive right to it on Saturday.
Thanks for the welcome and thanks for the information. I guess I am just a bitter displaced baseball fan that has problems with the Fox network's exlusive rights to out of market baseball fans. I live in Nashville and there have been Saturdays that my local Fox affiliate will just show old movie re-runs instead of any baseball. Since all RSNs are blacked except for Braves games in the day, there is no option to watch any baseball. I thought they did the same to the RSNs for HD broadcast for in market viewers. I am glad to hear that Fox does not do this.

I really like the Fox crew (especially Buck and Carver) but just have problems when no baseball is available to watch on television in the afternoon when the technology is there. (I guess at least I can listen to the games on XM outside and get some yard work done which is not too terribly bad :)

Extra Innings is not available when FOX has a game on. The only way to see the Yankee game on Saturday was to live in the Yankee TV area. The only reason that the Yankees were allowed to be on YES was the New York market was getting the Mets-Giants game at 4 on FOX. I have noticed when FOX has any game on there are no games on the Extra Inning Package. They should start including FOX's regional games on EI. Just one of my complaints about MLBEI.

bgilga said:
Extra Innings is not available when FOX has a game on. The only way to see the Yankee game on Saturday was to live in the Yankee TV area. The only reason that the Yankees were allowed to be on YES was the New York market was getting the Mets-Giants game at 4 on FOX. I have noticed when FOX has any game on there are no games on the Extra Inning Package. They should start including FOX's regional games on EI. Just one of my complaints about MLBEI.

This sounds like a reasonable explanation however, YES HD (channel 94) is a RSN (when on) to those of us who live in NYC. This is why is baffles that D* or Fox decided to black out the game. On Cablevision for NYC residents it was not the case. Think about this. If I am not a MBL EI sub and I am able to watch the game through YES-SD (RSN) why the heck are the blacking out the YES-HD feed (which it is a simulcast of YES-SD). If Cablevision did not block it out because they were looking at both feeds for NYC (and those in Yankees territory) as one and the same RSN for this area.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)