yes HD on ch. 95?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tiraggi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 27, 2005
long island n.y.
:confused: Has anyone else noticed that today's Yankee - Redsox game is listed on ch. 95? 12 min to gametime and the pregame is blank. Hope that its not the same thing with the game.

I saw that but I hardly check the pre-game. Hope that we get the game and DirecTv does not drop the ball once again. It will be interested to see how it will look with all the NFL HD (supposed) games at 1pm.

Just as Im getting used to - D* dropped the ball -- AGAIN !!

Just sent them a nastygram - see what lame excuse they come up with this time

I am not trying to get upset with this nonsense. I went ahead and invested heavily with D* for these games and feel cheated out of my money. Cablevision has it right now on and I can't get to see the game. This is plain wrong. This is pure false advertising. This is pure ilegal. Imagine how the MLB EI guys feel as well. You pay for something and you do not get it.

Your right Sean, I left cablevision in '99 and switched to D*. Cablevision has been trying to get me to come back for some time. Im going to really start thinking about it and I emailed D*to let them know. (do I think they really give a s**it - no I dont but it might get someone's attention)

Sean Mota said:
I am not trying to get upset with this nonsense.

typical bandwagoning yankee fan attitude :D

seriously though - this is defcon 5 in the hancox househould - wife is a sox fan

still on with them btw

"it's reported"

Took one for the team, though - sloshed through the first call for 30 mins with:

"You don't have MLB EI"
"Try NESN"
"What does ESPN have on?"

Ugh.

I am usually quick to defend D*, but not today. I am a Red Sox fan that lives in the Yankee TV territory. I was mad as hell when i put ch 95 on and there was no game. My Jets were getting blown out so I figured I would watch that. The other thing that has me mad is I paid for the SF package. I want to know why the Saints-Panthers and Seahawks- Jaguars were not shown in HD. D* cannot tell me they were not broadcast in HD, because I watched them in HD on my BEV system. If I am paying for something, I expect to get it.

I am a displaced New Englander/Red Sox/Patriots fan living in Carlise PA with an HD TV and subscribe to MLB EI and ST with SF. I was all set to watch Red Sox/Yankees in HD on channel 95 yesterday and like everyone else was shocked to find out it was not being broadcast. I quickly figured out that all of the bandwidth was probably being used to broadcast the NFL.

I then decided to watch some football in HD and three of the games which I wanted to watch, Pittsburgh/Tennessee, New Orleans/Carolina, and Dallas/San Diego were all national broadcasts so even though they were listed on the guide in the D* HD broadcast area I could not receive any of them through my Super Fan ST subscription without an OTA antenna. And by the way, the Patriots/Raiders last Thrusday were also a national feed so I couldn't watch it in HD either. I don't have an OTA antenna as I live in a townhouse and the association won't allow an external device like that on my roof. Sure I could put one in an atic but with all the money I am forking over to D* to watch football in HD why should I have to deal with another source, another cable (the indoor antenna would have to be at the opposite side of my residence as my dish to receive the signal) and having to switch between devices?

I think D* has a lot of nerve to charge the rates they are charging when people like me cannot watch many of the games in HD even though that's what we are paying for. I would switch to Comcast in a minute if I could watch my Patriots there every week.

amp16751 said:
I am a displaced New Englander/Red Sox/Patriots fan living in Carlise PA with an HD TV and subscribe to MLB EI and ST with SF. I was all set to watch Red Sox/Yankees in HD on channel 95 yesterday and like everyone else was shocked to find out it was not being broadcast. I quickly figured out that all of the bandwidth was probably being used to broadcast the NFL.

I then decided to watch some football in HD and three of the games which I wanted to watch, Pittsburgh/Tennessee, New Orleans/Carolina, and Dallas/San Diego were all national broadcasts so even though they were listed on the guide in the D* HD broadcast area I could not receive any of them through my Super Fan ST subscription without an OTA antenna. And by the way, the Patriots/Raiders last Thrusday were also a national feed so I couldn't watch it in HD either. I don't have an OTA antenna as I live in a townhouse and the association won't allow an external device like that on my roof. Sure I could put one in an atic but with all the money I am forking over to D* to watch football in HD why should I have to deal with another source, another cable (the indoor antenna would have to be at the opposite side of my residence as my dish to receive the signal) and having to switch between devices?

I think D* has a lot of nerve to charge the rates they are charging when people like me cannot watch many of the games in HD even though that's what we are paying for. I would switch to Comcast in a minute if I could watch my Patriots there every week.
Your anger is a bit misplaced here, you should be yelling at the NFL's broadcast deals and the Networks who decide on blackout rules and whatnot that are the source of your frustration.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)