YES Network Being Dropped? (Agreement reached 4/7)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lacubs

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 9, 2007
Erie, Pa
i am watching the Yanks pre-game and they are warning people YES will be taken off Directv tomorrow

I am sure they must have followed that with reasoning and other such details right?

I turned it on just after the post and have not heard any repeat of these comments.

Interesting...

I have the game on now... hopefully they mention it again as there is no mention of it on the DIRECTV website.

It is CONFIRMED.

DIRECTV YES Network

YES Network

DIRECTV is in discussions to renew its contract to carry the YES Network and is working very hard to reach an agreement before the deadline.

We are simply asking for the same rate that YES charges the other three dominant TV providers in the market (Comcast, Cablevision and Time Warner).

DIRECTV plans to keep the channel on while we continue to negotiate. If the channel should go dark for any reason make no mistake that it was solely the decision of YES Network to take the channel away from DIRECTV customers.

If YES Network goes dark, MLB Extra Innings and NBA League Pass customers will continue to see Yankees and Nets games but will not have access to the YES Network feed. In most instances DIRECTV will provide the opposing team's feed for these packages. If you receive YES Network as your local RSN unfortunately these games will not be available.

I got smoke coming out of my ears!! No Yankees for me is like no bible in a church. I am already getting ready to order Comcast and the MLB EI.

Here is what it looked like on the screen.

Sorry grabbed this pic on my iPad using the Slingplayer App for the iPhone so its not the best quality.

Attachments

• yes.png
    yes.png
    174.2 KB · Views: 369
I got smoke coming out of my ears!! No Yankees for me is like no bible in a church. I am already getting ready to order Comcast and the MLB EI.

Ha, In my area the Comcast Free Preview is supposed to be on right now and Comcast can't even turn in on in time for the start of the season, still getting the sports package not paid message here so they ain't much better.

saw now. hard to beleive its not constsant. makes me beleive this deal is near done and will get done with no issues as they aren't making a huge deal out of it every 30 seconds.

saw now. hard to beleive its not constsant. makes me beleive this deal is near done and will get done with no issues as they aren't making a huge deal out of it every 30 seconds.
Honestly, I think it will be resolved before it shuts off.

D* isn't dumb!

But just remember losts of ways to get YES HD that doesn't involve Satellite TV.
Cable and Fiber .

E* on the other hand, they are dumb!

They won't have a pot to piss in if they don't settle their NY Sports issues.
This dispute involves 4 States.

And now they want to drop SNY! INSANE!!!!

IMHO I Can care less

Sent from my EVO using SatelliteGuys Android App

I all honesty, I stand behind D* and E*, and every other provider who holds out for a better deal on programming--even if it means a few days without the service--PARTICULARY for sports programming, which seems to be jacking the rates up even more than the other networks. What exact new coverage have they brought to the table that wasn't there 10 years ago? The only thing I see different are the teams and leagues that create their own networks (just like YES) and then hold the providers hostage... something should be done about that.

There eventually will come a point when even diehard fans will start dropping the services because it is just getting too damn expensive! I remember when (Total Choice) was $29.99 and Select was $19.99... Dish's AT250 was $39.99 IIRC when it came out. To me, that seems like a reasonable price for a basic package.

I don't know what will eventually fix it--there HAS to be a point where the advertising revenue loss due to lower viewership will be offset by the extra rates they are charging providers & directly to our bills. I don't believe ala carte is the answer--but possibly "themed ala carte" like in Canada. That way I can take out the kids block & the sports blocks I could care less about. The pricing can be in line with the services... a "general entertainment" theme of 6-8 channels could cost $5 per month, while the Sports theme with ESPN & others could be $12 to reflect the more expensive programming.... of course this will take the government stepping in.

--Nat

more reason for ala carte
then the networks will see what their viewership really is and how much they overcharge

I all honesty, I stand behind D* and E*, and every other provider who holds out for a better deal on programming--even if it means a few days without the service--PARTICULARY for sports programming, which seems to be jacking the rates up even more than the other networks. What exact new coverage have they brought to the table that wasn't there 10 years ago? The only thing I see different are the teams and leagues that create their own networks (just like YES) and then hold the providers hostage... something should be done about that.

There eventually will come a point when even diehard fans will start dropping the services because it is just getting too damn expensive! I remember when (Total Choice) was $29.99 and Select was $19.99... Dish's AT250 was $39.99 IIRC when it came out. To me, that seems like a reasonable price for a basic package.

I don't know what will eventually fix it--there HAS to be a point where the advertising revenue loss due to lower viewership will be offset by the extra rates they are charging providers & directly to our bills. I don't believe ala carte is the answer--but possibly "themed ala carte" like in Canada. That way I can take out the kids block & the sports blocks I could care less about. The pricing can be in line with the services... a "general entertainment" theme of 6-8 channels could cost $5 per month, while the Sports theme with ESPN & others could be $12 to reflect the more expensive programming.... of course this will take the government stepping in.

--Nat

I wonder if Directv and Dish/Echostar would ever drop prices while keeping the same content.

I also wonder... how many cents we're talking about per subscriber, multiplied by the millions of subscribers, multiplied per month?

Considering that the Yankees have baseball's biggest fanbase in the US and worldwide (i'd dare to say that of all sports, maybe even worldwide) this surely i'm sure that quite a bit of them now know about what Directv its asking.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts