YES Network Dropped from DISH

rdale

rdale

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 17, 2012
Lansing, Michigan, United States
Yes games are on the MLB internet service which is included in your MLB subscription

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Correct, which has nothing to do with this thread. I wouldn't have paid $170 if I have to watch many of my games on a service I can pay $100 for. And with Sling I pay zero for it since YES would be included.

Reactions: pattykay
Juan

Juan

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 14, 2003
Moscow Russia
Correct, which has nothing to do with this thread. I wouldn't have paid $170 if I have to watch many of my games on a service I can pay $100 for. And with Sling I pay zero for it since YES would be included.
yes IS included..you just need to watch it on a Internet stream

navychop

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
JSheridan

JSheridan

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2008
USA
Per each and every Dish subscriber, or those that subscribe to a package including YES or those that ever actually watch it?

I don't know for sure but I think an assumption would be per those who subscribe to a package including YES. Or maybe just for the YES subs in the NY DMA who get all the professional sports. I know DirecTV charges a 'Regional Sports Fee' to defray the costs and the fees are different depending on the market.

DWS44

DWS44

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2004
Rock Hill, SC
Per each and every Dish subscriber, or those that subscribe to a package including YES or those that ever actually watch it?

I don't know for sure but I think an assumption would be per those who subscribe to a package including YES. Or maybe just for the YES subs in the NY DMA who get all the professional sports.

If memory serves, wasn't one of the primary sticking points that YES (at least initially) wanted into one of the primary AT packages rather than be treated like an RSN and be offered in multi-sport pack?

Juan

Juan

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 14, 2003
Moscow Russia
If memory serves, wasn't one of the primary sticking points that YES (at least initially) wanted into one of the primary AT packages rather than be treated like an RSN and be offered in multi-sport pack?
RSN'S were in the AT packs

DWS44

DWS44

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2004
Rock Hill, SC

Yeah...but supposedly they wanted to be made available nationwide and treated essentially like a regular nationwide cable channel, like a USA or Discovery Channel...as in...paid per all subscribers to said AT pack, not just the AT subscribers in their viewing area.

Juan

Juan

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 14, 2003
Moscow Russia
Yeah...but supposedly they wanted to be made available nationwide and treated essentially like a regular nationwide cable channel, like a USA or Discovery Channel...as in...paid per all subscribers to said AT pack, not just the AT subscribers in their viewing area.
Ahhhhh

pattykay

pattykay

formerly crodrules
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 14, 2014
North Central Ohio
Not in AT120 (non-plus). If memory serves, that is the placement YES wanted. (AT120 and above, not just AT120+ and above which is what Charlie claimed Dish offered YES, on one of the Charlie Chats.)

rdale

rdale

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 17, 2012
Lansing, Michigan, United States
...and the YES Network has RETURNED to Dish EI! Last night's game at Toronto was on the Extra Innings feed with YES Network. Guess it takes them a month or two to realize that every year :)

Tampa8

Tampa8

Supporting Founder - I'll stand up and say so
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa/Eastern Ct
...and the YES Network has RETURNED to Dish EI! Last night's game at Toronto was on the Extra Innings feed with YES Network. Guess it takes them a month or two to realize that every year :)

Don't you wish we could know the real reasons things like this - and so many other things with DISH happen?

pattykay

pattykay

formerly crodrules
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 14, 2014
North Central Ohio
Don't you wish we could know the real reasons things like this - and so many other things with DISH happen?
My guess is less overlap with the other major sports (and thus more bandwidth available for more EI feeds) this time of year, compared to early in the season.

Tampa8

Tampa8

Supporting Founder - I'll stand up and say so
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa/Eastern Ct
My guess is less overlap with the other major sports (and thus more bandwidth available for more EI feeds) this time of year, compared to early in the season.

But then why YES both years? It must be connected to DISH not carrying Yes, too much of a coincidence. Even at that there are still mistakes. I should not get it at all when I am in Ct but I do sometimes, other times blacked out as it should be and it can be with any other team playing at random. It seems whatever DISH uses to authenticate YES games isn't always working correctly?