YES Network Dropped from DISH

Yes games are on the MLB internet service which is included in your MLB subscription

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Correct, which has nothing to do with this thread. I wouldn't have paid $170 if I have to watch many of my games on a service I can pay $100 for. And with Sling I pay zero for it since YES would be included.

Reactions: pattykay
Correct, which has nothing to do with this thread. I wouldn't have paid $170 if I have to watch many of my games on a service I can pay $100 for. And with Sling I pay zero for it since YES would be included.
yes IS included..you just need to watch it on a Internet stream

Per each and every Dish subscriber, or those that subscribe to a package including YES or those that ever actually watch it?

I don't know for sure but I think an assumption would be per those who subscribe to a package including YES. Or maybe just for the YES subs in the NY DMA who get all the professional sports. I know DirecTV charges a 'Regional Sports Fee' to defray the costs and the fees are different depending on the market.

Per each and every Dish subscriber, or those that subscribe to a package including YES or those that ever actually watch it?

I don't know for sure but I think an assumption would be per those who subscribe to a package including YES. Or maybe just for the YES subs in the NY DMA who get all the professional sports.

If memory serves, wasn't one of the primary sticking points that YES (at least initially) wanted into one of the primary AT packages rather than be treated like an RSN and be offered in multi-sport pack?

If memory serves, wasn't one of the primary sticking points that YES (at least initially) wanted into one of the primary AT packages rather than be treated like an RSN and be offered in multi-sport pack?
RSN'S were in the AT packs

RSN'S were in the AT packs

Yeah...but supposedly they wanted to be made available nationwide and treated essentially like a regular nationwide cable channel, like a USA or Discovery Channel...as in...paid per all subscribers to said AT pack, not just the AT subscribers in their viewing area.

Yeah...but supposedly they wanted to be made available nationwide and treated essentially like a regular nationwide cable channel, like a USA or Discovery Channel...as in...paid per all subscribers to said AT pack, not just the AT subscribers in their viewing area.
Ahhhhh

...and the YES Network has RETURNED to Dish EI! Last night's game at Toronto was on the Extra Innings feed with YES Network. Guess it takes them a month or two to realize that every year :)

Don't you wish we could know the real reasons things like this - and so many other things with DISH happen?

My guess is less overlap with the other major sports (and thus more bandwidth available for more EI feeds) this time of year, compared to early in the season.

But then why YES both years? It must be connected to DISH not carrying Yes, too much of a coincidence. Even at that there are still mistakes. I should not get it at all when I am in Ct but I do sometimes, other times blacked out as it should be and it can be with any other team playing at random. It seems whatever DISH uses to authenticate YES games isn't always working correctly?