YES Network Feed now appearing on Dish MLB EI

HopperTim3

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 20, 2016
Chicago
Flipping through my EI package on Dish last night I was able to watch the YES network Yankees Feed. For as long as I have had EI on Dish the YES feed (along with Mets, Dodgers, and Phillies) were not available. Looking at my program guide I can see Yankees/YES feeds for upcoming games. This is good news....Wonder if this means YES is added as an RSN now for those who live in NY metro?

Flipping through my EI package on Dish last night I was able to watch the YES network Yankees Feed. For as long as I have had EI on Dish the YES feed (along with Mets, Dodgers, and Phillies) were not available. Looking at my program guide I can see Yankees/YES feeds for upcoming games. This is good news....Wonder if this means YES is added as an RSN now for those who live in NY metro?
SD or HD?

DISH appears to be providing the YES feed via MLB EI for those not in the YES DMA. (SD and HD)
However this is not new, during the freeview I saw where the feed was available - not to me because I fall in their DMA when in Ct. but it was listed. Game finder shows what I posted, to those not in the DMA.

Reactions: Troch77
Tampa - this CERTAINLY IS new. YES has not been provided at all this year. It started this past week. It's not constant either - as last night's game was not provided with YES. Today it is, but all commercials are blocked with a slate unlike other EI channels.

However this is not new, during the freeview I saw where the feed was available - not to me because I fall in their DMA when in Ct. but it was listed. Game finder shows what I posted, to those not in the DMA.

Here's the thread that shows YES was not available earlier this year, even though some said it was in free view last year.

Extra Innings Question for non-carried RSNs?
Yankees / Blue Jays in SD only on SN. Tomorrow's game is not being broadcast on Dish EI.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/index.php?posts/3873531/

It doesn't matter what the thread says! :) I 100% saw the YES feed during the freeview. I couldn't watch it because I was in their DMA at the time. If it was only there but not turned on I don't know, but it was there. I never said it was constant I don't know that one way or the other, I standby what I posted. It's not new that DISH has the YES feed for EI

Last edited:
Reactions: Troch77
Tampa - this CERTAINLY IS new. YES has not been provided at all this year. It started this past week. It's not constant either - as last night's game was not provided with YES. Today it is, but all commercials are blocked with a slate unlike other EI channels.
Ahh mlbtv Web version

Reactions: Tampa8
It doesn't matter what the thread says! :) I 100% saw the YES feed during the freeview. I couldn't watch it because I was in their DMA at the time. If it was only there but not turned on I don't know, but it was there. I never said it was constant I don't know that one way or the other, I standby what I posted. It's not new that DISH has the YES feed for EI
Yes feed was,also available on NBA package last year

Reactions: Troch77 and Tampa8
Yes feed has NOT been available at all this season...free preview or after until this week. I've watched every Yankees game and know this as a fact.

Accordi\ng to the Dish website, nothing has changed. The NYC RSN's are not available in the multipsort pack
That's not what they are talking about.
They are talking about MLB EI, and there is no Home feed for the Yankees, There never has been.

Anyway,
It's the away team feed, and it was available last year just the same as Tampa already stated.
Problem is, In market those games are blacked out and must be viewed on YES network.
Dish doesn't have YES so we are SOL.

Some of these games were available last year for OUT of Market DMAs only, Same as Mets
Now if someone in Yankees territory wants to confirm the games can be watched live, then that's New news.
Otherwise that's old news.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

It absolutely IS new. It has NEVER been in the EI feed before on Dish. It was in the free preview, but it has not been in the regular EI season before.
Yes it has.
It's no different this year than before.
When you move to PA,NY,NJ,or CT
Then tell us something thats different than before with our Home teams.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

That's not what they are talking about.
They are talking about MLB EI, and there is no Home feed for the Yankees, There never has been.

Anyway,
It's the away team feed, and it was available last year just the same as Tampa already stated.
Problem is, In market those games are blacked out and must be viewed on YES network.
Dish doesn't have YES so we are SOL.

Some of these games were available last year for OUT of Market DMAs only, Same as Mets
Now if someone in Yankees territory wants to confirm the games can be watched live, then that's New news.
Otherwise that's old news.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
Here's where you are incorrect.....Reminding you that MSG is also on the Dish banned list or RSN's.....MSG as you know carries the Rangers Devils, Islanders and Sabres. When these teams play one another obviously NHL CI has to pick up one feed or another. Similarly, when the other feed is unavailable because it is on an OTA channel( Blues appear on KMOX once in a while) If any MSG team plays St Louis, Dish picks up the MSG feed. same applies to the Flyers whch are on CSN Philly. On some occasions Dish is forced to pick up the CSN Philly feed.

Here's where you are incorrect.....Reminding you that MSG is also on the Dish banned list or RSN's.....MSG as you know carries the Rangers Devils, Islanders and Sabres. When these teams play one another obviously NHL CI has to pick up one feed or another. Similarly, when the other feed is unavailable because it is on an OTA channel( Blues appear on KMOX once in a while) If any MSG team plays St Louis, Dish picks up the MSG feed. same applies to the Flyers whch are on CSN Philly. On some occasions Dish is forced to pick up the CSN Philly feed.

And none of which can be watched from MSG, YES, SNY.
That's where if you have the MLB EI pack we could pick up the games you mentioned, as long as they aren't broadcast locally.
You will not get any Mets Yankees games in market period unless it's on Locals or ESPN, and Even ESPN or MLB Network will still black out the games if SNY and YES are showing the game.
Again we don't have an In-market home feed.
Otherwise by what you claim we should be able to watch it.
And guess what ,you cant.

Bottom line ,If YES decides to air the game on there Feed, us locals have to watch it there.
Doesn't matter what feed is playing in Chicago , St Louis or Philadelphia.

Now what I've already seen first hand, is the Philly DMA has access to Yankees games as long as you are not in Monroe, Carbon,Wayne or Pike county in PA (Scranton Wilkes Barre YES territory )
You have to "Move" to a different County if you are and you subscribe to MLB EI, but still not every game is available.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Yes it has.
It's no different this year than before.

So we have three people who subscribe to Extra Innings saying that YES feeds were never available in the EI package this year. And an entire thread about it that I linked above showing many others noting the same thing.

Yes feed has NOT been available at all this season...free preview or after until this week.

And now these three among others say YES is now available for Extra Innings.

But yet Troch77 (who is NOT an Extra Innings subscriber) says that nothing has changed.

Sigh...

So we have three people who subscribe to Extra Innings saying that YES feeds were never available in the EI package this year. And an entire thread about it that I linked above showing many others noting the same thing.

And now these three among others say YES is now available for Extra Innings.

But yet Troch77 (who is NOT an Extra Innings subscriber) says that nothing has changed.

Sigh...
3 out of market members.
Yeah well that's kind of the point of an out of market Seasonal sports pack is for.
To watch out of market games.

So your telling me , I should subscribe to MLB EI so that way the Yankees can be still blacked out?

Yeah, like us NY Sports DMA residents don't know something about our local sports teams .

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)