YES Network!?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sansri88

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 13, 2006
I'd love to switch from Comcast to E*, but there's no YES Network/HD and there's no MLB Extra Innings. Does anyone know if/when E* will carry YES in New Jersey? I don't want to switch to DTV because of their measly Indian programming lineup compared to E*.

I have dish and every baseball season I need to add TWC to get the yes net.I do not think that dish has any plans to add this. SNY hd may be added to dish as early as next week on ch. 388 but this does not help Yankee fans. Ron:mad:

Dish gave up on YES. Dish does not have regional sports networks in the AT60 package. YES demands that it is put in the base package. So, until Dish decides to bundle in regional sports to AT60, or YES agrees to be put in at the same level as all the other sports channels, YES and Dish will not be together.

Well anyone have any suggestions as to have both Comcast and Dish at a relatively cheap price? Right now with Comcast I pay $135, that's for 2 TV's, one HD the other SD, digital cable on both, and HSI.

I'd be looking to pay a little less.

try the comcast triple play
hsi phone and cable for 33 each per month but dvr fees and other incidentals extra
but if your at 135 after tax each month, sounds like your getting a good deal

Dish gave up on YES. YES demands that it is put in the base package.
They've got to be joking though, right ?? What is "YES" anyway ?? Heh, ask almost anyone who doesn't, or didn't, live in the greater NY area what "YES" is and I'll bet you they don't know either !

The mindset of these regional networks making nationwide demands on cable or satellite providers is ridiculous.

I agree...why would I want to pay for YES in my nationwide lineup? I'd rather have Fox Sports Cincinnati, if that's the game we're playing ;)

try the comcast triple play
hsi phone and cable for 33 each per month but dvr fees and other incidentals extra
but if your at 135 after tax each month, sounds like your getting a good deal

See I'd want to get E* because of their Indian programming(at least my parents do) and also their superior HD lineup compared to what I get now. I'd keep Comcast pretty much for YES-HD and my local community channels TV-35 and 36.

This is a question was asked Charlie about in our hour long SatelliteGuys meeting with Charlie Ergen.

He would be happy to put them up in the AT100 package, but YES is demanding to be in the AT60 package.

There are no other RSN's in the AT60 package.

If YES agreed to be in the AT100 package they could be up as soon as tommorow.

The ball is now in Georges court, and it appears he has no desire to play ball with Dish.

This is a question was asked Charlie about in our hour long SatelliteGuys meeting with Charlie Ergen.

He would be happy to put them up in the AT100 package, but YES is demanding to be in the AT60 package.

There are no other RSN's in the AT60 package.

If YES agreed to be in the AT100 package they could be up as soon as tommorow.

The ball is now in Georges court, and it appears he has no desire to play ball with Dish.

Scott,

Is it possible to make this post a sticky?

There is a misundstanding here. What they mean by base tier is AT100 for the YES area. Not AT100 for the entire country. Note that AT100 does not carry regional sports networks. You have to subscribe to AT100+.

I refer you to: DISH Network -- Packages Overview

DIRECTV does carry RSNs in their choice (base) package: DIRECTV - CHOICE

Dish has felt they could get most customers with a package $10/month cheaper if you do not want to get your RSN.

I shot out an email to some person at E* (got the email from another thread on SNY) and this was the response:

Thank you for expressing your concerns and interest in DISH Network. Customer input is an important tool in our efforts to continuously improve the quality of the DISH Network service.

We do not have any specific plans for launching the Yes Network at this time. Any negotiations that have made up to this point cannot be discussed publicly.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Angeline Romero
Executive Communications
EchoStar Satellite, L.L.C. dba DISH Network
Angeline.romero@echostar.com
720-514-7939
No luck for any of us Yankee fans any time soon :(

Last edited:
Why? Because there is a new thread nearly every day asking about if/when/how Dish will be getting YES.

Why? Because there is a new thread nearly every day asking about if/when/how Dish will be getting YES.

Agreed. Someone should sticky this so no one else has to post about YES network.

Everyday? Please!
There hasn't been a thread about yes since the season began, back in April!
You guys want yes, get with old man stienbrenner, he's the one not letting it on, not Dish!

If people want YES, write to Dish Network and tell them you're willing to pay upwards of $10/mo extra, a la carte, to get it carried. That way, instead of $1-2/mo from everyone, only those who really want it, i.e. will put their money where their mouth is, will cover the cost. Be sure to write YES also to let them know this. I'm sure with the overwhelming response both parties will get, they can work something out.

Actually E* must have some form of YES network uplinked..because they use YES broadcasts of Nets games in their NBA package

They've got to be joking though, right ?? What is "YES" anyway ?? Heh, ask almost anyone who doesn't, or didn't, live in the greater NY area what "YES" is and I'll bet you they don't know either !

The mindset of these regional networks making nationwide demands on cable or satellite providers is ridiculous.

YES is RSN. THEY ONLY WANT TO BE IN YES BROADCAST AREA, NOT ENTIRE COUNTRY!!!! When will people stop spreading these lies?