YES Network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
E* offered to carry the channel ala-cart, pay all associated up-link costs and give YES 100% of the receipts. YES refused. Charlie's frugality pales in comparison to Steinbrenner's greed.

NightRyder

DBSOgre said:
That just made me think of something guys. With must-carry locals moving from 61.5 and 148, couldn't Dish put the HD RSN's on those slots? Not that they would, but that makes a lot of sense since they really couldn't do 61.5 and 148 for national HD unless they wasted space and had it on both slots.

One problem with HD RSN's on the wings is that if Dish would want to sell a package of them like they do or at least use to do for the SD RSN's, not everyone can see both wing slots and I don't think there is enough room for all the present and future HD RSN's on 61.5.

I am sick and tired of waiting for Dish to add YES. So I am ready to leave Dish Network. They seem to be preoccupied with adding extra international stations and locals; so YES will never happen. Maybe Charlie will add another crappy network like oxygen or something like that, just in time for there annual rate increase.

So does anyone have any advice on what service is better to go to...? DTV or IO Digital Cable?

If you are talkingaboput IO Digital from Cablevision, that is the route I will probably go Come March right before baseball season. I will give Charlie until then (altho my 811 and 522's are running like sh*t now so may be earlier).

rocatman said:
My understanding has been that YES has insisted that they not be sold a-la-carte i.e., that the YES channel be included in one of the standard packages such as AT120 or AT180. This would increase these packages by a couple of dollars a month and a lot of subscribers wouldn't watch the YES channel and of course wouldn't want to pay for it.

:up charlie's right on this one. there's absolutely no compelling reason to add a channel that is only wanted by a small percentage of subscribers while adding a significant price increase to all.

NightRyder said:
E* offered to carry the channel ala-cart, pay all associated up-link costs and give YES 100% of the receipts. YES refused. Charlie's frugality pales in comparison to Steinbrenner's greed.

well said. :clap

NO DVR and no HDNET ( I think or was it no Discovery) is rattling around in my mind, but the no DVR blows. I am eventually going to build a Hometheater PC, but that will be some $$$ by the time I build it the way I want.

I could live without HDNet. IO has InHD instead. I've never seen it. But, I've seen many posts that say it's better than HDNet.
I wish Comcast in my area had the IO package at the IO cost. Combined with the Moxi DVR or Moto box with MSTV, it would make me think long and hard about pulling the dishes off the balcony.
Unfortunately, Comcast's equivilant to IO is at least $25 more expensive, or more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)