Yes, you can lose scanned OTA channels

SmiGump

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Apr 21, 2004
Virginia
While it doesn't appear you'll ever lose any OTA channels that were pre-determined based on the off-air map that you are associated with on installation, I have lost OTA channels that were found during previous scans. Don't know if it happened during the update to V 6.2 or during one of the several resets I've had to do since the upgrade (at least one a day since I got my upgrade on 8/11), but I've lost at least a subchannel for CBS as well as an independent with four subchannels.

Sure, re-scanning will *usually* obtain them again, but I'm in a situation where I get most of my OTAs only 80-90% of the time and if I happen to scan during the other 10-20%, I won't get them re-mapped and will have to try again later.

Has anybody experienced the same thing? Is there any way to avoid this?

Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
SmiGump said:
I have lost OTA channels that were found during previous scans. Don't know if it happened during the update to V 6.2 or during one of the several resets I've had to do since the upgrade... Has anybody experienced the same thing? Is there any way to avoid this?
I think, if you do a soft reboot (by pressing power button for 6 seconds) you can loose previously scanned channels. However, re-scanning seems to preserve previously scanned channels. It should be safe to repeat scanning multiple times.

Couch Patato

SatelliteGuys Family
Jul 14, 2004
Lakewood, Co.
Yep! It's happend to me too & others here. I lost channel 2.1 & 2.2(34) here in Denver. I even rotated my antenna & got a 99 signal stength using the manual tune. It will NOT add it during the scan though. Both channels were just find before the 6.20 update. I have tried scaning 6 or 7 times with no change.

Couch Patato

SatelliteGuys Family
Jul 14, 2004
Lakewood, Co.
OK, so I was wrong about the update.:shocked I can't find a smilie for shame.:( Dave Martinez sent this out just a little while ago from channel 2. Every one should be getting 2.1 now. I apoigize to Voom. It coincided with the update.

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica][/font]
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]"Just when you thought it was safe to tune to 2-1, it disappears. Sorry about that!! We had a problem over the weekend with our PSIP table. More specific, we lost our PAT and PMT tables as well as VCT. Without these tables, some receivers will have a problem while others will not. After rebooting our computers, hapiness was restored this morning. You may also note that we have removed 2-2 from our data stream as this was designated for SAP but we have since incorporated SAP into our main 2-1 channel."

Enjoy!

Dave Martinez
Engineering Maintenance Supervisor
KWGN-TV
2-0,2-1
[/font]

ram1220

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 14, 2004
Allen, Texas
Yes I have rescanned. I have also done soft and hard reboots. I have also realigned the antenna just in case that was it. E and D are looking better everyday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)