Yeshd?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chrisexv6

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 12, 2004
Anyone notice the Yankee game wasnt on channel 95 last night?

Was YESHD broadcasting on a different channel? Or has D* pulled YESHD like they did last year during the playoffs?

Thanks!
-Chris

no yankees game, but had nba playoff game(pistons) same as was on nba channel. i also noticed the other day the yanks where in HD and on yes but the nets home playoff game was nowhere to be found.

I dont mind D* swapping off Yanks games on YESHD for other sports (as long as they arent important games), but it sure would be nice if they

A) admitted YESHD does air Yankee games

and

B) gave a schedule as to what Yankee games would actually air on YESHD

-Chris

chrisexv6 said:
I dont mind D* swapping off Yanks games on YESHD for other sports (as long as they arent important games), but it sure would be nice if they

and

-Chris

I asked via email during March. The response was totally ignorant of the fact that games were shown locally in HD last season.

Now it's even worse. The H20 keeps dropping (only) ch 95 from my custom channels list, so it's even harder to know whether the games are shown!

---------------------------------------------------------------
Original Message Follows:

[Topic Selected: Sports]
Subject: YES-HD in the NY DMA

Details: Last baseball season I was able to view many Yankees' home games in HD on YES-HD (a channel in the 90's). The only Yankees' home game HD listings available on my guide for the next homestand are MLB EI games (ch 95) which are blacked-out in NY.

Will Yankees' home games be available in HD to viewers in the NY DMA, as they were last season?

---------------------------------------------------------------
DirecTV response:

Thanks for writing. I'm sorry, but we don't carry YESN in HD right now. However, we often add programming based on customer requests, and I have forwarded your request to our programming department.

DIRECTV is committed to providing the best in HDTV programming. To do so, we're in constant discussions with various program providers to increase the number of high definition channels and programs we offer.

Stay tuned to DIRECTV.com/HDTV for the latest news and announcements as they become available.

Sincerely,

Lindsy
DIRECTV Customer Service

One big reason why cable does a better job than D*. Cablevision has one channel assigned for YES HD and it transmits all HD games that are available.

chrisexv6 said:

and

-Chris

Admit that YES HD does air Yankee games? Of course they do, it's just that D* doesn't carry all of them. D* doesn't carry YES HD 100% of the time. Most the games are on D*, but not all. Check the guide and see what is scheduled to be shown. It's not that hard, you know. :) I realize that they don't show more than when the next game is going to be on, but that 's better than nothing. BTW, most of the rsn's hd feeds are NOT carried by D*, so be grateful that most of the YES HD feeds are.

raoul5788 said:
Check the guide and see what is scheduled to be shown. It's not that hard, you know. :)

Actually, it is kind of hard. Ch 95 disappears from my program guide on a daily basis. I add it to my custom channels, and later it disappears by itself. Happens on both of my H-20's.

jpn said:
Actually, it is kind of hard. Ch 95 disappears from my program guide on a daily basis. I add it to my custom channels, and later it disappears by itself. Happens on both of my H-20's.

It seems to be happening to everyone. Until (if) D* stops removing it from the favorites menu, add it back in and check for upcoming games.

raoul5788 said:
Admit that YES HD does air Yankee games? Of course they do, it's just that D* doesn't carry all of them. D* doesn't carry YES HD 100% of the time. Most the games are on D*, but not all. Check the guide and see what is scheduled to be shown. It's not that hard, you know. :) I realize that they don't show more than when the next game is going to be on, but that 's better than nothing. BTW, most of the rsn's hd feeds are NOT carried by D*, so be grateful that most of the YES HD feeds are.

Yeah, umm, last time I checked I know how to use the guide. And ever since YESHD started airing (even part time) its *never* shown up in the guide of my Samsung 160. Reboot, etc. never gets it in the guide. The best I can do is see something "upcoming" and that doesnt help anyway because up until last night (when the game *didnt* show up), it said the Yankee game was upcoming. But alas, no Yankee game.

Trust me, if it were as simple as checking the guide, I wouldnt be saying anything about it. And even if it were, what prevents D* from changing what they were listing anyway......

Inching closer and closer to Cablevision everyday.

-Chris

chrisexv6 said:
Yeah, umm, last time I checked I know how to use the guide. And ever since YESHD started airing (even part time) its *never* shown up in the guide of my Samsung 160. Reboot, etc. never gets it in the guide. The best I can do is see something "upcoming" and that doesnt help anyway because up until last night (when the game *didnt* show up), it said the Yankee game was upcoming. But alas, no Yankee game.

Trust me, if it were as simple as checking the guide, I wouldnt be saying anything about it. And even if it were, what prevents D* from changing what they were listing anyway......

Inching closer and closer to Cablevision everyday.

-Chris

I didn't think you couldn't use the guide, but this is the internet, after all. ;)
Nothing keeps D* from changing what is listed,and sometimes they have to blackout games that are listed. The listings don't say who gets them or who doesn't. You don't find out until the game comes on.

raoul5788 said:
I didn't think you couldn't use the guide, but this is the internet, after all. ;)
Nothing keeps D* from changing what is listed,and sometimes they have to blackout games that are listed. The listings don't say who gets them or who doesn't. You don't find out until the game comes on.

Which really makes no sense at all. Give customer a listing of what is happening so that customers do not have to wonder whether there is game or no game. This selection process by D* is just plain crazy.

Sean Mota said:
Which really makes no sense at all. Give customer a listing of what is happening so that customers do not have to wonder whether there is game or no game. This selection process by D* is just plain crazy.

My point exactly. They still dont even admit that we see YESHD on channel 95. Youd figure it would be better for them to start pushing that they show YESHD at least some of the time. Or maybe even they are embarrassed with their handling of it.

I almost switched to CV last year after they pulled the "lets not show the important games on YESHD" at D*, but I stayed hoping this year would be better. So far, Im not thrilled. The Yankees havent had very many home games and D* is already screwing with which ones we see. Would be at least a little (but not much) better if I was told which ones I wouldnt see in HD.

-Chris

Last edited:
For the 2nd day in a row, no YESHD.

Calling CV tomorrow to see what they can do for me coming from satellite.

-Chris

Chrisexv6, I switched to CV on 4/18. Have watched all Yankee home games in HD on CV. They have a program called "winback" for satellite customers. Its the triple bundle, IO silver, Opt. online, and Opt. voice for under a hundred a month for one year. Check it out. I have no regrets so far...

Id jump on that deal in a minute, but....

1. Their DVR is only a little better than "sucks". Their DVR pricing is outrageous (why do I have to pay 2 DVR data fees if I have 2 DVRs? its not like the data isnt already getting to my house for the first one).

2. I have VOIP with another carrier, and Im not sure how hard it would be to port my number from them (which was a ported number from SBC). Plus Im not overly impressed with the features of OV

3. I dont like having all my eggs in one basket, especially when that basket is Cablevisions :)

4. I have to pay the termination fee to D*. I know CV said they would cover it, but saying and actually doing are 2 different things.

However, things just seem to keep piling up against D*. I dont know how much longer I can keep saying it will get better if I wait a little. And I dont think just giving them a couple months will change much.

-Chris

1 and 3 are exactly why I can't switch now, either.

Perhaps if/when MCE Vista comes out with Cablecard, it might fly...

I also neglected to mention the horrible pricing you get after the initial triple play deal (which is only 1 year long).

All savings from the first year are negated sometime in the 2nd year (and thats without taking into account the inevitable price increases), and any year after it just ends up getting even worse.

If the Yankees were still on WPIX Id just cancel everything and get a good antenna :)

-Chris

Status
Please reply by conversation.