Yet another Al la carte thread. Sorry!

How would a la carte solve retransmission problems?
They would pass the cost of each channel on to the viewer. If the channel provider priced itself out of the market, it looses viewers and has to lower the price. Market forces AT LAST.

Another thought on this is the bundling/upgrade stuff. Everything we get suckered into, I mean everything we buy nowadays seems to be bundled. Phone and tv and internet...seems everything has a long term contract to it as well. So you believe you have such a great deal on something?, Do like Pendragon did you break it down and see it's not all that good of a deal after all. Once these companies make it so the average Joe and Jane can't afford what they are selling something will change. If we weren't all such tv junkies in this country....got to have this channel or that channel...prices would drop. Remember there's no reason for a store to have a sale unless something isn't selling right? If it isn't selling prices will drop. If we quit being suckers something will change. Alacarte will happen eventually in some form its bound too. The younger generation are smarter than we give them credit for and they won't pay for tv they don't really want to watch.....I remember when I grew up we called the tv the boob tube and the idiot box lol....Blind

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)