Dish Network 1 year anniversary offer

PJW99

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 22, 2007
I was wondering if any of you have multiple items from Dish Network as part of the 1 year anniversary deal (i.e Free PPV movie coupons and HD Platinum) The reason Im curious is because I keep on getting write-ups from Dish(both via mail and e-mail) saying that I have HD Platinum free for 1 year. I also received one awhile back saying I have Starz free for one year(this is what I ACTUALLY have at the moment, and is my preference between the 2).

I would like to have both Starz and HD Platinum free for one year but am thankful to at least have the Starz package for free for a year. I spoke with someone in Customer Service chat, and they said that the e-mail I received about the HD Platinum package was sent in error, and that I have to choose one or the other.

What do you guys think? Is this something that would be worth playing "CSR Roulette" to see if they give me both packages free for 1 year?

FWIW, I received an e-mail saying I had platinum free for a year. I already received the Starz package at the beginning of February. I did an online chat this evening and the rep added the platinum pack free for a year, so now I have both. CSR roulette might be worthwhile.

If you wouldn't mind PMing me your account number or phone number, I can certainly look into this further. The "glitches" are certainly strange. Also, if you could PM me the email so I could see it myself.

I just received an "anniversary card" from dish in the mail. Said that i would be getting platinum free for a year. I got starz as my gift. Would i get both?

So far the anniversary deal has been nothing for me.
As I am on Flex with the Welcome Pac, I have been told that I don't qualify for the free year of Starz.
Dish has dropped the EHD activation fee, except for the VIP 211, I still had to pay to activate my EHD.

Oh well, happy anniversary Dish, I am glad to get what I do have.

Scott.

FWIW, I received an e-mail saying I had platinum free for a year. I already received the Starz package at the beginning of February. I did an online chat this evening and the rep added the platinum pack free for a year, so now I have both. CSR roulette might be worthwhile.

I just tried adding it via chat, and the CSR wouldnt allow it. There must be others beside myself that are trying to play CSR Roulette to get both packages added for free. I just dont understand why I would get written literature at different times saying that I have bother Dish Platinum and Starz free for 1 year.

Yeah. I think Im going to give up on playing CSR Roulette about this, being that Im now 0 for 3. Anthony from the Dish Response Team was going to look into something for me but never got back to me.

I guess in the end I should give up on this, stop being greedy, and be thankful that I at least have Starz free for 1 year.

Sorry about the delay on this PJW99. I sent you a PM regarding this and that way you have the information. I did not forget, I just did not have information on it. Details in the PM. Thanks for the patience.

Tony, thank you very much for your help and explanation. Im very thankful that you and the other members of the IRT are an active part of the Dish Network Forum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)