Yet Another Failed Install Attempt

Sheff

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 8, 2004
I have been trying unsuccessfully to get Dish to come to my house and upgrade my 811's.

Today was supposed to been the install, but I was called and told the installer was sick.

This is the third time (on this install attempt) that Dish has failed to get the job done.

Here is the link to my previous attempts.

I called the Dish CS Rep and requested an different installation company take on the work order. I am trying to upgrade myself and my parents who are in the same neighborhood. The first rep I spoke to said they would let me know if a different installer would take on the work order.

I was told I had to call again to have the same thing done for my parents, but the second Dish CS rep refused to submit the work order to anyone other than Linkus. I guess it's a crapshoot to see if you can get a Dish rep who is actually helpful. I've noticed that about 25% of the time, I get someone who can speak english well and is helpful.

I like having Dish, but this is f**king ridiculous.

I miss Voom.

birddoggy said:
call a local retailer and have them do the install... that way you can pick which company does the job

That's the best suggestion made.
However, a local retailer (non-regional handler) can only do the upgrade if he did the initial install.

fred

Yeah I always try to use a local installer it's easier to deal with them when it comes to makeing the appointments.

Fredinva said:
That's the best suggestion made.
However, a local retailer (non-regional handler) can only do the upgrade if he did the initial install.

fred
or if the company that did the initial install is no longer in business

Just send an e-mail to the ceo address and let them know in no uncertain terms that if another install date is blown off that you will cancel your service.

Sorry to hear your bad news, Go Local!!

Same here, my local installer (still did it myself) told me after i visited the office not to make the mistake of calling the 1800 number or they'll send you a guy from out of town, possibly out of state too.

They did it again

After four attempts to upgrade to HD receivers through Dish with their installers I finally got what I wanted.

However...

I'm also trying to get them to upgrade my parents and so far they have blown off two installs. Their second install attempt was scheduled for 8AM to 1. Then they called to say it would be between 12- 1:30 (yesterday) after that contact, it was no call no show.

I will email the ceo address, but unless other people are experiencing the same problems with these local idiots, I don't think anything is going to happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)