Yet Another Gripe About Billing

Scroll

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
I certainly am not the 1st and know I will not be the last but I need to vent.

So I called to close my account not long ago (got dumped off to a closed dept trying to sell me DSL as I left the 1st try) and was told if I changed my mind the reactivation fee would be waived and was volunteered as to one offer I could expect if I came back. I was told my final bill would be here in roughly so many days.

OK so I made my final payment electronically through my bank after getting my final bill. Then yesterday I get a mean collection letter from their bill collector CBE about me being a deadbeat for not paying $17 & change. It's been less than 2 months since I cancelled! :rolleyes:

After looking at the CBE phone number I see they have been calling me as well. I don't answer calls from numbers I don't know. No reason to.

FAIK this stupid thing could even be on my credit report now. Talk about a loser company! If they are apparently losing sleep over $17 I don't think I would take them back no matter how good the deal might be, especially if it involved a term committment.

Were you out of contract? If not, could be cancellation fee which SHOULD have been on your final bill. Call them.

I was a customer for over 9 years and have owned my 508 for years. No contract commitments of any sort.

OK so I made my final payment electronically through my bank after getting my final bill. Then yesterday I get a mean collection letter from their bill collector CBE about me being a deadbeat for not paying $17 & change. It's been less than 2 months since I cancelled! :rolleyes:

It's the economy nowdays and they all need their money now.

New charge after 1+ years after upgrading to HD

I'm also having a problem with Dish's billing. Sorry for the long post, but this gripe is complicated. Probably why the foreign CSRs can't comprehend it.

I upgraded to HD service in April 2007, including a 1000.2 satellite upgrade and ViP622 to replace a 510 receiver. When Satellites Unlimited arrived to complete the upgrade, they took the 510 receiver with them since Dish didn't let me know what to do with the old one. A week later I received boxes from Dish to return the 510 receiver, immediately called dish and told them what happened. They said they would make "detailed notes" about it and not to worry about it.

Well about 5 months later, I looked on Dish's newly updated website which actually showed all the equipment associated with my account and there, to my dismay, was the 510 receiver. I immediately called dish, they looked in the warehouse and found the receiver and made "detailed notes" on my account and said not to worry about it - that the receiver would be removed.

Well in June, I happened to look on the site again (looking for references to HD locals for Jackson, MS) and what did I see? The 510 receiver still on my account. Then I realized, HEY, I'm paying extra for this receiver that I don't have. I talked to a CSR and they saw the problem, removed the receiver (YAY) and started 6 months of extra receiver credits to help pay me back a little.

I then received a box to return the receiver and started getting aggravated. I called Dish and told the CSR about the box and she said, just return the box and don't worry about it. Then I saw on my August statement (July 24) that they had charged me 200 for the receiver for breach of the contract and I have been fighting with them ever since.

I have contacted Dish about 7 times getting strangely foreign sounding "Nancy"s and "Jeremy"s. Each time I have to go over this whole frickin story. Those "DETAILED NOTES" I guess don't help one iota. I've also contacted Satellites Unlimited about it. Luckily the installer gave me his cell phone number and name because I was interested in OTR reception and he said he knew someone who could help. The company (Sat. Unlim) has now been giving me the run around. I can't win!

Does anyone have a suggestion? Speaking with supervisors, just isn't helping either. I can't understand that if there was a Detailed Note saying that the receiver was in the warehouse and that I called about it why the problem is still going on. I need Charlie's direct email address, maybe that would help...

Whew.. I feel a little better... but I still feel like I am going to have to eat the receiver cost to keep my service on.

just return the box and don't worry about it.

Now I know why they needed my $17 bucks so bad. To pay for some of that useless postage of sending empty boxes back & forth to fetch receivers that are already back in the warehouse.

:D

Write to ceo@echostar.com and tell them of your problems and they should correct them for you.

I was sweating when I didn't hear back in 2 days, but finally last night I received an email that this was taken care of. I wish I knew whether they located the receiver in the warehouse or if they just wanted me to stop complaining.

Either way, I appreciate the suggestion and all is well.... for now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)