Yet another hardware issue.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

skytiger

Original poster
Feb 21, 2010
arizona
Ok, I've read the voluminous posts regarding odd-numbered or even-numbered transponders that won't come in. I understand about checking connections, replacing bad LNBs and how odd-numbered transponders die young sans the 13v.

My situation: My dish was originally aimed at 129. Both odd and even numbered transponders worked fine. Then, for reasons I won't get into, I decided to take the dish off 129 and put it on 119. With the use of a satellite finder, this was fairly simple. The problem is that the odd-numbered transponders have no life on 119. But when I go back and put the dish on 129, they are all there again.

I have a single LNB w/dual outputs for what I presume is Dish's dual mode feature (which I could easily live without).

Any ideas?

When you are missing the odds or evens, start checking all connections and swapping cables outs, then start replacing LNBs and/or switches until you find the culprit.

Its not a tranponser failure, (that would be there is something wrong with the satellite) the problem is somewhere in your equipment. :)

my point was this: if it's a hardware or connection problem on a simple setup like mine, why would all the transponders come in on one satellite and not the other? wouldn't the same hardware or connection problem affect any satellite i was locked into?

But, using the same logic, if it were the satellite, it would affect everyone, no?
:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)