Yet another hardware issue.

skytiger

Original poster
Feb 21, 2010
arizona
Ok, I've read the voluminous posts regarding odd-numbered or even-numbered transponders that won't come in. I understand about checking connections, replacing bad LNBs and how odd-numbered transponders die young sans the 13v.

My situation: My dish was originally aimed at 129. Both odd and even numbered transponders worked fine. Then, for reasons I won't get into, I decided to take the dish off 129 and put it on 119. With the use of a satellite finder, this was fairly simple. The problem is that the odd-numbered transponders have no life on 119. But when I go back and put the dish on 129, they are all there again.

I have a single LNB w/dual outputs for what I presume is Dish's dual mode feature (which I could easily live without).

Any ideas?

When you are missing the odds or evens, start checking all connections and swapping cables outs, then start replacing LNBs and/or switches until you find the culprit.

Its not a tranponser failure, (that would be there is something wrong with the satellite) the problem is somewhere in your equipment. :)

my point was this: if it's a hardware or connection problem on a simple setup like mine, why would all the transponders come in on one satellite and not the other? wouldn't the same hardware or connection problem affect any satellite i was locked into?

But, using the same logic, if it were the satellite, it would affect everyone, no?
:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts