Yet Another "Moving" Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

thewood821

Original poster
Jul 5, 2008
I am currently in the Dayton service area (zip 45431) and do not get local channels in HD. I am considering a "move" and am wondering if I a New York "move" (zip 10019) would get me the channels I want (being originally from NY) or should I move to Cincinnati for their local HDs but no NY sports?

Or will I just get the national east feed?

I've been researching this for days and cannot come up with a solid answer, only a guess that it might work. This is what I've found (via this site):

http://www.scottandmichelle.net/scott/spots1.png
DirecTV Spot Beam Locals - Listing by Channel Number
http://wvjw.info/dbs-beam/dtv4s.gif

If this has been answered elsewhere, I apologize in advance. Thank you for any help, I am desperately trying to figure this out! :D

Last edited:
If you go to NYC, you'll just get the big 4, HD & SD.

If you go to Cinci and fall in the spotbeam you'll get everything in SD/HD. You may not make the spotbeam - it's hard to say. The beams range from 50-200 miles beyond the intended market. There are NO maps for the HD beams. Those maps you posted are very old, SD locals, and are probably outdated as they occasionally adjust the beams.

Thank you! So I would get the big four as well as NY sports because those are nationally broadcast for the sports package? I would basically be missing the CW, UPN, PBS?

Thanks for the help! I just don't want to have to "move" back immediately and raise any eyebrows!

Thank you! So I would get the big four as well as NY sports because those are nationally broadcast for the sports package? I would basically be missing the CW, UPN, PBS?

Thanks for the help! I just don't want to have to "move" back immediately and raise any eyebrows!

You might want to double check with someone on the NY Sports channels as I don't think all of them are conus.

You might want to double check with someone on the NY Sports channels as I don't think all of them are conus.

They are. They couldn't be part of EI if they weren't.

Thank you all so much for all of your help! I'm definitely moving to NY i guess!

I guess I can do the same once my install takes place??? I cannot get locals here without getting waivers.. for all except ABC which is ota... but it is in 480i!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)