Yet another TS360 Glitch!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cr0mag

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 22, 2004
New Orleans, LA
Today when I came home from work I noticed that my tuner had a "grey screen of death"... it wouldn't respond to remote or front panel controls, so I re-booted it and now when I change channels I get the most obnoxious static noise for a second or two, then it goes away... Is anyone else getting this? :no

cr0mag

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 22, 2004
New Orleans, LA
hdtvtechno said:
Yeah i get that static noise when channging channels
I cured mine somehow... I restarted the reciever, and restarted my Bose lifestyle unit. One or the other cleared it up, and now the thing works fine.

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
My screen flickers on ESPN-HD for some reason.

Lem52

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 18, 2004
Cookeville, TN
I am getting those flickers bad on ESPN HD only when they are not in HD like a commercial and certain shows. I have a TS 360 also.

Lem52

cfloyd100

Dec 1, 2004
TS360 - Same issues

I have had mine 1 week and have noticed the following:

1) ESPN HD flickering - as mentioned by some of you above

2) Audio went crazy one day and went to a real mono kind of sound - turning off the sat. receiver fixed

3) Video went out one day and had no picture when I came home - the gray screen (as someone else said) - turning off the sat. receiver fixed

Should I take back? Circuit City and Best Buy only carry this receiver.

Whats a good brand to get?

cr0mag

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 22, 2004
New Orleans, LA
Wow! Is it ever a conincidence that we all have mostly the same symptoms from our 360's... The only problem with taking it back for an exchange is that I haven't found anything to swap it for! The sammy is the only one left on the market other than the HD tivo at all of the retailers in New Orleans.... Any suggestions on what we all as a group should do?

martin63

SatelliteGuys Family
Oct 8, 2004
El Paso, TX
I had mine swapped out by Directv. It took alot of bitching, because it was more than the 90 days, but they switched it out. Just be persistent.

Madtown HD Junkie

Occasional Supreme Being
Supporting Founder
Jun 3, 2004
Madison, WI
Just called and they are sending me a new receiver. It has been under 90 days and there was no problem. Only thing bothering me is they said they could not promise a new brand.....meaing they could send another Samsung!! yuck.

We'll see.

Lem52

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 18, 2004
Cookeville, TN
I just recently as a couple days ago complained to Directv about my 360. The guy didn't want to swap it and also said they couldn't promise a specific brand. He finally agreed to ship me another reciever after he was told to fix it or me saying goodbye. So next week I should get my replacement.

My Samsung is drawing lines at the bottom of the screen which he said was caused by my DVD! Whats my DVD got to do with it????? Also, those flickers on ESPN and some more problems like BOOTUP at will right in the middle of something! I would accept another Samsung, without the problems, but getting one without the problems is probably slim to none.

My dog is barking, wow the replacement just arrived and its not a Samsung!
Its an RCA DTC210! Sure was fast service!

Lem52

Tonedeaf

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 30, 2004
Rockwall, TX
Madtown HD Junkie said:
Just called and they are sending me a new receiver. It has been under 90 days and there was no problem. Only thing bothering me is they said they could not promise a new brand.....meaing they could send another Samsung!! yuck.

We'll see.

You'll probably get an RCA DTC-210.

twodutys

SatelliteGuys Family
Apr 21, 2004
Brighton, Co
So does anyone know if that audio lag is the the sammy or is it the feed? Has anyone with the RCA210 having the same problem?

I'm getting close to my 30 days and would like a good excuse to help my get this exchanged for a RCA. Thanks Guys

Lem52

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 18, 2004
Cookeville, TN
For people who are wondering, the menus in the RCA dct210 are almost identical to the Samsung, but different colors than the Samsung had.The remote feels a whole lot better PLUS its RF so that is better. Looks like its a SAMSUNG but under a different wrapper.

Lem52

Lem52

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 18, 2004
Cookeville, TN
I ended up having to return the RCA DC210. It was worse than the Samsung 360. Picture quality was horrible, These 2 recievers deserve each other. They are unbelievably crappy workmanship.

Lem52

dgordo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 2, 2004
Chicago
Lem52 said:
I ended up having to return the RCA DC210. It was worse than the Samsung 360. Picture quality was horrible, These 2 recievers deserve each other. They are unbelievably crappy workmanship.

Lem52

I never had a problem with the 360. When I moved we cancelled our service and signed up as new customers under my wifes name. We got the dc210. I hated it. We had to return 2 of them because they had so many problems. I ended up reactivating our old 360 and couldn't be happier, but I guess I am the only one that has a 360 that works.

cr0mag

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 22, 2004
New Orleans, LA
Wow, what a can of worms I opened up with this thread! For the record, most of my issues have been cleared up by rebooting the sammy. I'm also one of those hard-heads with a Bose lifestyle audio system (great sounding, great looking, but damn that thing's tempermental!)
Anyway, hopefully someone from D* is seeing all the complaining about the sammys and thompson products, and maybe... just maybe... they will license Sony, LG, Toshiba, and others to get back into the reciever game. I think it keeps everyone honest and naturally competition from the manufacturers will benefit us little ole' consumers.

Madtown HD Junkie

Occasional Supreme Being
Supporting Founder
Jun 3, 2004
Madison, WI
New RCA 210 came today, 2 days after I called, and my PQ is noticeably better on SD and HD PQ on ESPNHD no longer flicker with audio dropouts having dissapeared also. The remote also seems to work better asI could never get the Samsung 360 RF to work. No problems here so far with the 210.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)