You can Get OTA for HR20 tonight!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

DVRaholic

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 16, 2005
BX/Yonkers, New York
Earl at DBStalk is reporting that Directv is giving a 3 hour window to force a download to the newest BETA software release 0x108 which includes OTA activation, it can ONLY be done tonight. 12/13

Problem is there is Only a 3 hour window in which it can be downloaded from 11PM to 2AM ET (8PM - 11PM PT) after this time they will remove it from the data stream and you wont be able to download it until it is offically released Maybe sometime next week.

You can read all the details here at DBStalk.com
http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=72983

Good luck, I will be forcing the update to my 2 HR20's
I cant wait!!!!!

Last edited:
Just downloaded it. OTA working perfectly here in the Birmingham area. To get it, you reset/reboot by pushing the red button by the access card, then when the first screen appears type 02468 (in that order, not all at once) on your remote. If you see a screen that says downloading update 0108, you're getting it.

If anyone is having trouble getting the downloaded started, try unplugging the unit and then plugging it back in. Red button reset didn't work for me, but unplug/plug worked instantly.

Press the 02468 code only once, as soon as you see the the first blue screen, then it might take 20 seconds to see the "Found New Software" screen.

If you dont see it after 30-50 seconds you need to do it again. Just Press the red button, or quickly unplug and plug in the unit and start it over again. The 02468 timing needs to be perfect :)

OTA is working Perfectly on both my HR20's !!!!

You Rock DVRaholic!! On a fluke, I opened this site on my wifes laptop. Man was that great timing. Appreciate the heads up.

For folks having hard time getting 02468 working try this.

Turn unit off or hit red reset button. When the main power light on the far left side lights full blue, hit 0 2 4 6 8 slowly and no other keys. If you get the downloading screen it worked. If not, reset and try again. Took me several times for it to take.

Downloading now. This really is a great early Xmas gift. Thanks Earl, D*, DVRaholic, Scott, SatGuys, and DBSTalk.

Although I'd already had 0x108 on my HR20, I did the force trick to see if it realiy works and it does.

Props to Earl :hatsoff:

Last edited:
So how do we donate to the Merry Christmas, Earl! fund?

Oh, hell! I missed this thread yesterday and did not download it. Will the window be repeated?

Oh, hell! I missed this thread yesterday and did not download it. Will the window be repeated?

Slight chance (I doublt it though). Keep an eye at DBSTalk for the latest if it does.

Networking is also enabled in 108 so you can connect it to your PC and stream music and photos.

It will probably download on it's own in a few days anyways, but it was nice to get a heads up and take advantage of it ahead of time.

Jimbo

Does the OTA on the new systems work like the HR10-250 where (for example) 47 is the satellite channel and 47-1 is the OTA?

i just got my hr20-700 installed and need this update also. if anyone else knows any info on it, please let me know.

I will post in here later tonight, but tonight between 11 pm and 130 am eastern time, you might be able to get the software again, it looks very promising, but once I hear from sure (earl) I will let everyone know, and I want to Thank Earl B for keeping everyone informed.

i just saw there may be another chance tonight. i'm very excited. i really hope this works out!!!

Santa is getting the Reindeer ready for another flight tonight...

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=73172

And it Looks like he will be delivering a updated present :)

yes, i've already subscribed to the thread and will now just wait. i can't wait to play with my new toy. any suggestions from anyone on some of the first things i should do since i just got it installed, literally, an hour ago? i've had/have every model of d* receiver made, i think, so i'm not a complete newbie but could still use some suggestions. thanks :)

yes, i've already subscribed to the thread and will now just wait. i can't wait to play with my new toy. any suggestions from anyone on some of the first things i should do since i just got it installed, literally, an hour ago? i've had/have every model of d* receiver made, i think, so i'm not a complete newbie but could still use some suggestions. thanks :)

I'll get an announcement post on the front page ...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts