You don't need an HD package to get HD!

Be careful!! It won't take very long watching your locals in HD before you can't stand to watch all the other SD channels! That $10 HD fee is going to start looking pretty reasonable.

-SF

Be careful!! It won't take very long watching your locals in HD before you can't stand to watch all the other SD channels! That $10 HD fee is going to start looking pretty reasonable.

-SF

Very reasonable - it has become very hard to watch anything in SD. Dish does not carry my local CBS station in HD - yuk!

-SF

Yeah,

it got me. I added it online.

I'm sure with a better TV the difference would be even greater, but it's still a big difference on my old rear projection set. Especially black backgounds and dark scenes.

Maybe I can talk the wife into an LED tv when the price comes into low earth orbit.

You don't have to subscribe to any HD package to get an HD receiver or HD programming.

They will give you an HD receiver and you will get HD programming without paying for an HD package.

If your locals are in HD and you subscribe to your locals you will get the HD channels too (if they are avalible).

If you subscribe to HBO you will get HBO HD too.

You only need to subscribe to the HD package to get the HD only channels.

I asked for a 625 and got a 722k installed free. New dish too.
This is Nothing new at all. When the HD enabling fee was around you paid $7 for access to your local HD and your subscribed premiums in HD.
But Satellite Guys claim HD enabling fee has been dropped, But I've Yet seen Proof of this from Dish Network, Except on Eastern Arc installs which require HD equipment only. But according to Dish Network HD enabling fee is $5 if you don't subscribe to HD programming on an account that has leased HD equipment. This months statement was the first from E* that no loger show them having a HD Enabling fee. So now you really can get HD for free.

Last edited:

-SF

I've been watching HD since 2002, exclusively HD since Absolute.

why anyone would get an HD set and not feed it all the HD you can doesn't make much sense:confused:

HD on a 500

Can I remove my SD (prepaid) receiver and connect a HD (VIP211) to my 500 dish (activated using FlexTV)?

What, if any HD can be received on 110, 119 with my existing '500' dish?

Scott

Can I remove my SD (prepaid) receiver and connect a HD (VIP211) to my 500 dish (activated using FlexTV)?

What, if any HD can be received on 110, 119 with my existing '500' dish?

Scott

I don't know what FlexTV is.

You'll be able to get any premium channels in HD that you subscribe to.

To get your locals, if you subscribe, you will need another dish and a switch pointed at whichever satellite your locals are on. Or get a Dish 1000.2 or 1000.4.

Is it worth all that? Unless you have the everything pack and watch all movies channels, I'd say no.

It's best to cough up the $10 and get the HD pack. Then you will get the HD channels in your SD catagory.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)