You guys are scaring me !!!

You're welcome. I've done that with my 510 too as it's working perfectly and I don't want to change anything until I hear the coast is clear.

Between here, AVS Forum, and DBS Talk, I'm pretty spooked by the 811 too. My 42" plasma comes tomorrow and I need to do something for HD. I've been a Dish customer for 6+ years, pay in full annually and never had a problem. Upgraded to locals more than year ago at no charge, painless process. Now I see pain on the horizon.

Whats the 811 going to cost me?

A 811 would plug in right now, but of course the wife wants to add a receiver (move the old one) downstairs, so I believe I'll need the dish upgraded. I think I have 2 legacy dual LMBF's feeding 2 SW21 switches feeding 2 receivers. Can the SW21 switches be replaced by a single SW44 switch and drive 4 units, or do I need a Quad installed?

Just looking for the cheapest upgrade path, or is there any possibility Dish might say, "no problem valued customer, we'll take care of everything at no charge". I'm just trying to prepare myself for a fight with the Dish rep and seem like I know what I'm talking about.

Appreciate the input.

Not quite clear - you have two receivers that you're keeping, plus adding a 811.

Assuming that, SW44 or a Legacy Quad will do the job.

You don't say what the other receivers are - if they're old 4-digit units, you should probably stay Legacy even though DishPro is more flexible for the future. Otherwise you would have to buy DP Adapters $60-70 each.

If you're getting the 811 through Dish, they just might come up with the necesary hardware for you. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)