You have too many pending requests. Please try later.

pickone4me

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 22, 2012
wisconsin
That is what I get when trying to request a song. Is it accusing me of requesting songs? I ain't tim either. So something is glitching.

Screenshot-1.png

Not seeing that here. Letting me request ok.

From my experience only one request is allowed in the queue at a time. So if someone has a request in the queue it will not allow anybody else to make a request.

From my experience only one request is allowed in the queue at a time. So if someone has a request in the queue it will not allow anybody else to make a request.

That's what I believe it is as well.

The request script is experimental still. I know they are still working on its development.

I will ask around and see if people know of a fix. :)

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I ran into that yesterday using Chrome. It showed one request in queue by another user at the time. I tried again using IE11, and the request went through, but I didn't pay attention as to whether the queue still showed a request from another user on the IE attempt...so it may have just been the timing of the request and not the browser change that let it go through.

That makes sense, cause at one time it said something about waiting, even though I had not reached my limit, and it had been over an hour since last request.

I ran into that yesterday using Chrome. It showed one request in queue by another user at the time. I tried again using IE11, and the request went through, but I didn't pay attention as to whether the queue still showed a request from another user on the IE attempt...so it may have just been the timing of the request and not the browser change that let it go through.
Yea as soon as the requested song plays and clears out of the queue it will allow another request, so that request probably played before you made that second attempt.

That would be correct. It goes on 24 hour cycles. According to my logs you have had 3 requests within the 24 hour time.

Its doing what it should do and that is let everyone have a chance to make a request. :)

Once we get established we can look at adjusting the times.

I think I figured out the issue...

The Request Script is reporting that ALL the requests coming in are coming from the same address... THE SERVER and not the IP address of the person requesting the song. There must be a configuration setting wrong on that server in the Apache settings, as I notice something else I am playing with is doing the same thing. Which is how I discovered the issue here. :)

So now I have changed the settings which I tightened down before because it looked like the same person was making all the requests.

The settings now are as follows:

1 Request an Hour per Listener
Up to 7 requests per listener per day (up from 3)
And now there can be up to 3 requests in the queue at the same time.

Now with that said each hour of SatelliteGuys Radio only has spots for 4 to 5 requests. And also remember that to be legal we have to delay requests before they are played.

So thanks for listening! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried the request feature for the first time this afternoon. It worked great. I made 2 requests. The one I made during Scott's show took 9 minutes. When it let me make a request an hour later during the Orlando show, it took around 16 minutes. I love the play list on this channel.

I just messed up on a request. For some dumb reason, I had the request window still open. I decided to hit refresh to see how many minutes I had left and it put my request again. So if any one is listening this afternoon and wonders why the same song played 2 hours in a row, it's because of me.:behindsofa:

What are the odds on this happening? I requested Jacobs Ladder by Huey Lewis earlier today during the Orlando show. About four songs later, the DJ actually introduced the song instead of the request sweeper. After the song played, the request sweeper played and my song played again.
I guess I had strange timing as my request got pushed into the stream right after it's scheduled time in the playlist. So if any one was actually listening to the stream and wondered why the same song played back to back, it was my fault.

The requests feature does not use the same checking that prevents repeats as the rest of the system.

If I tried from the console to add a song that played recently the system would not allow it as it's violates the playlist policies I have set up. Too bad the request feature does not follow those rules.

If I hear a song playing that just played I will log in to the console from remote and dump it to the next song. The issue there is there is a 30 second delay from when I do something on the console and you hear what I did out your speakers, meaning a good chunk of the song might play again before I kill it. :)

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts