You Know You Are Making Progress When..

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
I go to the movies with my wife, kid and his friend. As we sit down, my wife says, "so that cost us what, $40? You could probably have bought two HD DVDs for that." ;)

Small steps, I know, but dang, I think I am actually making progress with her... :D

I go to the movies with my wife, kid and his friend. As we sit down, my wife says, "so that cost us what, $40? You could probably have bought two HD DVDs for that." ;)

Small steps, I know, but dang, I think I am actually making progress with her... :D

Yeah, but how much would it cost to coat the family room floor with melted butter? :)

Yeah, but how much would it cost to coat the family room floor with melted butter? :)

And how about the popcorn throwing and the kid who gets sick. This was my wifes and my last movie experience:eek:

Well the popcorn was mostly stale... and the theater had three kids in it who would not shut up, as well as a grandmother with one of them who was just as bad.

But the more important point -- 1) she actually said HD DVD instead of DVD; and 2) I can use this, little by little, to justify my purchases. ;) :D

Yep, prices are cheaper in the west. The downsides are that the projectors flicker a bit when the burning sagebrush that lights them pops. You got to watch your step getting to your seat to avoid the prarie dog holes. If you kick an abandoned popcorn box, you might just disturb a sleeping rattlesnake. And finally, there simply is never enough space out front to hitch your horse. :D:D

Yep, prices are cheaper in the west. The downsides are that the projectors flicker a bit when the burning sagebrush that lights them pops. You got to watch your step getting to your seat to avoid the prarie dog holes. If you kick an abandoned popcorn box, you might just disturb a sleeping rattlesnake. And finally, there simply is never enough space out front to hitch your horse. :D:D

I sense someone misses Colorado. :D

Matinee prices are $7/person (kids or adults) and regular price is $10/adult or $7.50/child here. :( They have "combo meals" now too and they wisely don't list the prices on the boards !! Seems to me it was a large popcorn and maybe two small or medium drinks .... for $16 !!

Matinee prices are $7/person (kids or adults) and regular price is $10/adult or $7.50/child here. :( They have "combo meals" now too and they wisely don't list the prices on the boards !! Seems to me it was a large popcorn and maybe two small or medium drinks .... for $16 !!

I spent $30 on 2 adult and 2 kid tickets (evening show); and $11.65 for a large popcorn and a large drink).

I spent $30 on 2 adult and 2 kid tickets (evening show); and $11.65 for a large popcorn and a large drink).
My sister saves the large popcorn bags in her purse because they give free refills here. If a few people go they buy one bag then dump it into the old bags and go back for more. They just send a different person to the counter with the same empty bag each time. :haha

Heh, I will "sneak" in cans of soda and candy (buy the same stuff the theatre sells, same size too) at various dollar stores.

Heh... when I was in my early 20's we would carry half pints in our boots, buy a large drink and have a good old time at the old Theater... ;) (this thread is good example of why we are SatelliteGuys... It's in HD DVD fourm , staff and supporters have posted and it lives ;))

My sister saves the large popcorn bags in her purse because they give free refills here. If a few people go they buy one bag then dump it into the old bags and go back for more. They just send a different person to the counter with the same empty bag each time. :haha

I used to do that when I was in grad school all the time. Would recycle popcorn bags over and over again. :D

Before I leave the theater, I always refill it, and bring it home, and put it in ziplock bags -- eat popcorn for a few days :)

Heh... when I was in my early 20's we would carry half pints in our boots, buy a large drink and have a good old time at the old Theater... ;) (this thread is good example of why we are SatelliteGuys... It's in HD DVD fourm , staff and supporters have posted and it lives ;))

Yup, totally off-topic; but I still think I have made progress with her... slow and steady, she is resigned to the fact that 1) I am an early adopter of stuff; and 2) HD TV and HD DVD is important to me.

Next.... convincing her we need a new, bigger, tv. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)