You lose any discount pkg. when you pause your acct. and go to full price.

bukkaneer

Original poster
Dec 20, 2019
Altamonte Springs
I am a snowbird with two accts. I pause one for 5 dollars a month. Except, they failed to inform me that I lose what ever discount program I signed up to. Received a bill doubling the amount almost. After arguing, they agreed to giving me back 40 dollars, not even half of the mistake, after it was agreed that their person made the mistake of pausing the wrong acct. Beware of not asking the right questions.

You were informed. You just didn’t read it.

Yep, here's a quote from the agreement. https://www.dish.com/downloads/legal/Existing-Customer-2-Years.pdf

Your“Price Guarantee Period” begins on the date you accept this offer and expires twenty-four (24) months later. DISH will not extend your Price Guarantee Period for any reason. Upon the expiration of your Price Guarantee Period, you will pay the then-current price foryour programming packageand Equipment.If you participate in DISH Pause, or any other program that allows you to temporarily suspend your DISH Service, your Price Guarantee Period will automatically terminate and you will no longer be eligible forthe programming or Equipment prices listed above. Upon reactivating your DISH Service after participation in DISH Pause or other similar program, you will pay the then-current price for your programming packages and Equipment.Participation in DISHPause temporarily pauses, but does not terminate, your Term Commitment. Your Term Commitment will expire only after twenty four (24) months of active Service.

I am a snowbird with two accts. I pause one for 5 dollars a month. Except, they failed to inform me that I lose what ever discount program I signed up to. Received a bill doubling the amount almost. After arguing, they agreed to giving me back 40 dollars, not even half of the mistake, after it was agreed that their person made the mistake of pausing the wrong acct. Beware of not asking the right questions.
In this case, it appears the problem was more related to Dish pausing the wrong account...

The title of this thread and the statement bolded above is what I was responding to. I'm not defending DISH's pause of the wrong account. It's possible that both accounts were getting discounts.