You need Top 200 just to get WGN America?

I think it's a cheap channel, but based on ratings, not on it being used as a substitute. Same for TBS not being cheap...based on ratings, not because it isn't being used as a substitute.

WGN was mostly being used because it was a good fill-in for the CW locals that were removed, based on programming content on its schedule.

Personally I would just like to catch some reruns of "Parks and Recreation". I'm not a sports guy. I didn't watch the show until I saw the reruns on cable, and my old Comcast Digital Starter (with actually free HD) had Esquire, FXX, and WGN - but my new DISH Top 120 has *none* of those. When FXX starts up with "Sunny" again, I suppose I will just have to obtain that particular programming not through my DISH subscription. Unfortunately, it's hard to justify any upgrade to my package, considering my old TV service cost $0. I only justified DISH at all because OTA reception made me want to run naked in the streets firing a gun into the air.

I think it's a cheap channel, but based on ratings, not on it being used as a substitute. Same for TBS not being cheap...based on ratings, not because it isn't being used as a substitute.

WGN was mostly being used because it was a good fill-in for the CW locals that were removed, based on programming content on its schedule.

Sure was a crappy substitute for WBTV local CBS in Charlotte,and WJHL CBS in the Tri Cities.Fill in for CW is fine,but for one of the big 4 no way.Anyway,my point is I agree with the op,that WGN should be in Dish's 120 package.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)