You-Tube Fix for your AzBox

stargaze

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
Out there somewhere
It appears that you-tube has changed something again and it will not work with the AzBox with the official firmware, However, I have found that the You-Tube Fix I had all along Does Still Work!

Direct Link to download the you-tube fix:

You-Tube-Fix

Here are the simple directions to get the you-tube to work on
your firmware updates.

Open MaZ, connect to the AZ, open Telnet in the top toolbar
you will see Tools Scripts

open the drop down and tic Enable Write in MMP,

Now open FTP and send the file "youtube_player" to /MMP/usr/bin/.

Then send the file: "IVMyoutube.so" to /MMP/usr/lib/

Close Maz and reboot the Azbox.

The You-Tube feature should now work on any firmware
version on the Azbox.

This procedure takes all of 2 minutes to perform and I have confirmed on my own Azbox that it does still work, but, you may notice when using the you-tube feature that some of the screen boxes may be empty, and just show what the content is, however it will still play fine when clicking on it.

It appears that you-tube has changed something again and it will not work with the AzBox with the official firmware, However, I have found that the You-Tube Fix I had all along Does Still Work!

Direct Link to download the you-tube fix:

You-Tube-Fix

Here are the simple directions to get the you-tube to work on
your firmware updates.

Open MaZ, connect to the AZ, open Telnet in the top toolbar
you will see Tools Scripts

open the drop down and tic Enable Write in MMP,

Now open FTP and send the file "youtube_player" to /MMP/usr/bin/.

Then send the file: "IVMyoutube.so" to /MMP/usr/lib/

Close Maz and reboot the Azbox.

The You-Tube feature should now work on any firmware
version on the Azbox.

This procedure takes all of 2 minutes to perform and I have confirmed on my own Azbox that it does still work, but, you may notice when using the you-tube feature that some of the screen boxes may be empty, and just show what the content is, however it will still play fine when clicking on it.

Could you put this in laymen's terms so anyone could do it?

Could you put this in laymen's terms so anyone could do it?

sure!
Go and get a 64 ounce glass and fill it halfway up with the most potent whiskey you have in the house, then proceed to fill it up to the 3/4 mark with Vodka, then top it off with some good Rum.
Mix it up and drink it like a shooter... Repeat this 5 times in under 5 minutes and your set to go.
:angel:

I just got the new AZBOX HD PREMIUM PLUS and I cannot get youtube to play on the receiver. I am new to this forum. please try to simplify your explanation for some of use who are so tech savvy like you. please can you give a simple step by step instructions on how to fix this problems with older filmware versions. I have and internal harddrive in the receiver. how can i download the fix directly the unit?. thanks

I just got the new AZBOX HD PREMIUM PLUS and I cannot get youtube to play on the receiver. I am new to this forum. please try to simplify your explanation for some of use who are so tech savvy like you. please can you give a simple step by step instructions on how to fix this problems with older filmware versions. I have and internal harddrive in the receiver. how can i download the fix directly the unit?. thanks

You should be using FW update 9.5306 if you want a firmware update that has the you-tube working already. You did not post what firmware you have in your Azbox so it makes it a bit more difficult to help you out. However, I assume your Azbox is using an earlier firmware since your you-tube is not working.
You have 2 choices.
1) the info in this thread is for a you-tube fix for older firmware updates which will get you back up and working again, follow the instruction on the first post in this thread and the link provided.
or
2) Using the link below will give you the sites available to download the newest firmware which is 9.5306 at the present time. Using the newest firmware you will not have to worry about the you-tube fix solution posted here.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/azbox-discussion/248800-azbox-new-firmware-fw-0-9-a.html

If you are new to the Azbox then look in the sticky area above and download the Azbox User Guide and the Question and answer guide as there is a wealth of info in those pdf files that will answer many or most of your questions. They were put together to help people out and save them time waiting for an answer to many of the things others have run into with the Azbox.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts