You Tube issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sasserfolk

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 15, 2009
Georgia
For the last few days I have not been able to play any You Tube videos on my HR24-100. It will show the search results and when I select play a few seconds later I get a message saying "there was a problem connecting to the internet, Please test your connection". I run the test and find no problem. All other internet related options (Pandora, Apps) work fine. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Today, I experienced the same problem with YouTube. All other Internet applications - VOD and Apps are working fine.

I noted the YouTube problem started after a new software update Tuesday.

I called Directv. They are aware there is an issue with YouTube. I was told YouTube not working was not caused by the new software.

They do not know when the problem with YouTube will be fixed.

Several weeks ago, I lost both YouTube and Pandora. After several resets, following a suggestion in another of the several threads about the problem, I power-cycled my DVR. Unplugged it and left it unplugged for ~10-15 minutes. When I plugged it back in, they were back. Perhaps that would work for this, too.

Yes, youtube changed something at their end and the interface with DirecTV stopped working. Seems to be fixed now.

I am having an issue with the Pandora app, getting the same message as you guys, Pandora will play 1 song, then not play anymore.

This is on last weeks CE software.

Since I downloaded this past weekend's CE, You Tube has worked just fine. Very happy with that!

I don't have the HR34 (yet, install is the 21'st) but if this issue is anything like *other* media devices .. there is another possible cause.

My Samsung Bluray player does Youtube and I came across a video that I wanted to demo to some friends.. it wouldn't play via Bluray app .. but would via PC.

What I found was that *IN* Youtube ... when you upload a video, the option for mobile devices may be deselected. If so .. the video would not play on any device that youtube thought was a mobile device! Most likely this is coming from Youtube's servers reading the header string's "get" to the server from the "browser" or app ... and if its not on a list of "allowed" or "considered not mobile devices" then it would block accessing the content.

The easy way to test this.. is to upload some content yourself. Check, and then uncheck the allow mobile .. and see what error comes up from the Youtube App on the HR34.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)