your dish fees

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

iml

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 23, 2004
Does dish charge you guys a receiver lease fee even if you don't lease it from them?

$7/HD-DVR you have plugged in (first connection no charge)?

Yes. You pay either a lease fee or an additional receiver fee. The lease fee for the first receiver is included in the package price. Other than avoiding a 24-month commitment or having a need for more receivers than E* will lease, there isn't an advantage to buying over leasing.

they love to hit you with extra fees I guess, lease fees and they hit me with 2 DVR fees too

I bought my other receiver because it was cheaper than what dish wanted for it and they wanted a 24 month commitment to boot

thanks for the reply

If you lease an HD receiver the fee is $7, if you buy one there is a $7 programming access fee.

heh, they got you either way, I lease one (even though they charged me $250 for it) and bought another one

heh, they got you either way, I lease one (even though they charged me $250 for it) and bought another one

Yes! Exactly. No savings on the monthly fee with owned over leased. Lease Fee or what used to be called the Additional Access Fee now shows on my bill as the specific receivers and the fees for access itemized; a rose by any other name . . .

Yes! Exactly. No savings on the monthly fee with owned over leased. Lease Fee or what used to be called the Additional Access Fee now shows on my bill as the specific receivers and the fees for access itemized; a rose by any other name . . .

Stop whining about the fees or I'll charge you a fee for whining about the fees.

those lease fees and dvr fees add up...2 hd dvrs and you are at nearly $20/month before you start talking programming fees

whining and figuring out/stating facts are two different things :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)