Your Favorite LFE Movie or Music Program

Add the Quick and the Dead to the list for the Western aspect... I caught the tail end a week or so ago and have on 921 to watch when I get the chance... Sharon Stone and Gene Hackman and throw in Leo ;)

Excellent movie, one of my favorites!

Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World DTS-ES

The cannon fire is house shattering.

Shaker/sub power and shakers mounted under riser.

PC170091.jpg.w560h747.jpg

p1060244.jpg

I haven't had a personal chance to see it yet, but the DTS War of the Worlds has drawn LFE raves

I also 2nd the 25 Years of Pop - I kept that as a demo for a while...

I re-recorded the 25 years, have it Rick Springfield, Tom Petty and all the recent Star Wars releases from HBO on my 921... filling it up quick ;) the Dolby 5.1 version of War of the Worlds was pretty good itself both from dvd and HBO...

As for Music... In the last month I have Best 25 Years of Pop from HD-Net on my 921 , ... the Best 25 years of Pop and FarmAid have some impressive LFE effects ( subs and shakers)
dvd of the Best 25 Years of Pop is unavailable at amazon but a member from overseas sent me this url from Japan

Ok
the BEST for surround and LFE is Das Boot. Makes all submarine movies sound amateurish. The surround aspect of hearing water dripping around you, bolts popping, footsteps running past you and of course depth charges.

The German DTS blows away the Dolby5.1 English version. rent the Superbit directors cut. You will not be dissatisfied. I still consider it a reference disc for showing off surround sounds.

Not one mention of the opening scene of Saving Private Ryan...tsk, tsk, tsk...;)

My Infinity RS12 got a jolt from a lightning strike a month or so ago and I just ordered a Dayton 150W 12" sub as its replacement. So I am anxious to hear what it can do. I most likely will swap boxes as I like the Infinity's bottom flared port versus the 2 non flared rear ports on the Dayton but we will see. I have read good & bad about this sub...but then again I read good and bad about almost every sub...at least in my price range.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)