65 Samsung KS9000 or Sony 65 XBR-930D

Well finally got my KS9000 I been really impressed with it so far and got another 15% off due to Best Buy was late getting it to me. So I have a few questions mainly dealing with Audio.

Fist I have my Hopper 3 and my Samsung 4K player hooked up to the One Connect Box my Sony STR-DA4300 Audio Receiver is about 9yrs old and does not support ARC so I have One Digital Audio cable plug into the Sat/Cab port on the Audio Receiver back to the One Connect box. My Hopper 3 the surround sound works fine.

But anytime I use a App on the TV and use my 4K Player the surround sound does not work my Audio Receiver does have HDMI Ports which I do not have hooked to the One Connect Box. So what do I need to do to get the TV Apps and my 4K player to be able to use Surround Sound?? I'm I going to have to go get Two more Digital Audio Cables and have one hooked to the 4K Player as well as the TV as well??

I will probably update my Audio receiver at some point..

I really like how it pulled in the Hopper 3 there is some things that you still have to go through the Hopper 3 to work right like the Auto Hope. If you choose your recordings from the Samsung Interface it will play them but does not Prompt for Auto-Hop like it does if you go through the Hopper itself. I still need to program the Hopper 3 remote to the TV the Hopper 3 part works fine. Overall I have been really happy with the TV so far will have to post some pics when I can still have somethings to tweak and all. The 4K Player been nice as well the movies look great as well as any 4K streaming from Youtube or Netflix so forth.. :)

I will probably update my Audio receiver at some point..
It is probably something that you'll need to upgrade sooner than later. Something that handles DD+ and Dolby Atmos is probably in order (if you can't swing AC-4) so you aren't left out of a possible ATSC 3.0 transition (assuming OTA is a factor). Since you have demonstrated an interest in gaming, you'll need lots of HDMI.

It is probably something that you'll need to upgrade sooner than later. Something that handles DD+ and Dolby Atmos is probably in order (if you can't swing AC-4) so you aren't left out of a possible ATSC 3.0 transition (assuming OTA is a factor). Since you have demonstrated an interest in gaming, you'll need lots of HDMI.

Yeah I have plenty of HDMI ports so that will never be a issues it's mainly with Audio more than anything I only use Audio Receivers for that just Audio so video I will always use my TV inputs. I know a work around which would be to just to get 2 more digital audio cables one for the 4K player the other for the TV since my receiver has many digital audio inputs. But yes the easier fix would to be probably look at just updating my Audio Receiver at some point and try to use ARC.

I am doing the same thing. optical cable back to an older Onkyo without ARC. I will eventually replace, but it works for now.

The samsung 4k player has 2 outputs. I hooked the main one to the TV, and the second one to the Onkyo and use it as an audio channel only. It isn't an issue for me as I use a Harmony remote and it handles all the switching.

I agree that the loss of rear channels on the TV apps is an annoyance, so I just use the ones on the UHD player.

For those with older Receivers, the Roku Ultra has a optical output and turns Dolby Digital Plus into Dolby Digital, I tested mine last night and it does work, that way you will still get 5.1 sound.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

I know a work around which would be to just to get 2 more digital audio cables one for the 4K player the other for the TV since my receiver has many digital audio inputs.
The idea with UHD players is that you use an HDMI cable to connect to your AVR. Of course if your AVR can't handle the advanced sound, then it falls on the player to downconvert.

It was users error on my part I had my front speakers wires going to the wrong front speaker ports on my audio receiver.. :)
Yeah I have found Standard Mode is good for Sports and just watching regular TV during the day or night and Move Mode for Movies or night time. Sound issues are fixed now TV Apps work now with my Surround Sound as well as my Samsung 4K player as well. Watch several 4K movies so far man the picture is great and even the speakers are good on the tv plus the surround is a plus. Also the 4K streaming is nice ran some 4K videos with the Youtube App on the TV as well as Netflix and man it's just amazing how well things look.. Overall really impressed with the TV so I will post some pics soon.. :)

Yep. Not a whole lot of difference between those two sets at 65". I have a 75" Sony X850C, which is full array ( direct lit ) but not local dimming. I was looking at the 75" X940D but decided to wait for Dolby Vision or maybe an 85" option next year. I ordered an additional 150 pounds of sub-woofer instead, which should arrive next week via R&L Trucking. The SVS SB16 Ultra. :D I'm going to try out one at first to complement the pair of 1800 watt 14-inchers built into my tower speakers and then order a 2nd if I need more thump.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts