Your Opinion Counts! - Should we upgrade the forum software?

Status
Not open for further replies.
James said:
I for one would like the "First Unread" link at the top of each page. I hate having to figure out where I last read in a long thread.

This icon before the subject will take you to first unread post.

On what screen should I look for that icon? The forum list?

James,
Go into any forum with new posts (or use the view new link) and you should see the icon infront of any thread with new posts. (it doesn't seem to work 100% tho)

I found it! I didn't have any new posts that I had not looked at.

It works fine for me, am sure there are better things to spend limited funds on rather than new software when this is quite adequate.

I would keep this software you are running now because it would be different than what others are using and if you can put the features on here that vb uses and more in addition to that.

Yup looks like we will be sticking with this software for awhile. I worked today adding a bunch of features (ignore feature - Date Format selection and something else to wake you up when you get a private message) :D and fixing a lot of bugs, and now am happy with the software. :)

If you dont want to see a certain members post you can put them on ignore so you no longer see their messages. :D

Scott Greczkowski said:
If you dont want to see a certain members post you can put them on ignore so you no longer see their messages. :D
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I still can't figure out why the numbers won't work for me and why the time doesn't shpw up. Would Javascript be used for this. Even when I change my settings they still won't work.

I still can't figure out why the numbers won't work for me and why the time doesn't shpw up. Would Javascript be used for this. Even when I change my settings they still won't work.

"Roger you should be fixed now."

Nope. I turned Javascript from blocked to filtered and it doesn't matter. When I click on a number or "Next" the first page keeps reloading.
I'll log out and try again though.

It appears since I've turned off the encryprted URLs I can now view the other pages.

phpbb is fine by me

Scott,

If your happy with it, I'm happy with it. How are you handling the lack of Administration tools in phpbb? I know Vbulletin has significantly more power when it comes to that.

I have worked hard in modding the admin area and have almost all the features in the admin panel that I had in VB, plus a few other VB did not have. :)

I am getting the hang of it phpBB plus I have been doing some other PHP programming for another feature which I will soon be bringing to SatelliteGuys. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts